Forum

Monday - Seeing Orange

8 years 6 months ago #69580 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - Seeing Orange

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
sflanagan21, truly believe that the years of "high end recruiting" caught up with UGA again. There is a reason that top athletes sign on with programs like Alabama. Many repeat the same message . . . . Alabama wins championships.

IF there is a difference in our talent,
it is this:

Saban promises that you will win championships as he prepares you for the NFL.

Richt promises you'll play for a good man and learn that there is more to football than winning and losing, as you prepare for the NFL.

Saban gets the four and five star athletes that want to win championships as they prepare for the NFL.

Rick gets the four and five star athletes whose parents want their kids to play for a good man and learn valuable life-lessons as they prepare for the NFL.

If....there is a difference.

Touche'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69594 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
I saw where it was mentioned that this is a must win game for the vols, I believe it is the other way around , UGA must win if there is any hope of saving the season. When I say saving the season I mean playing for something we can hold on to, like SECC. That's hard to admit after only 5 games, or lets be honest 4 scrimmages and a game, one of the scrimmages was really not good(Vandy).

I don't feel comfortable with this game and several others to follow simply because of UGA's habit of glossing over inadequacies in the Game Plans. Its like they have a manual out and can't read fast enough to make changes.

Too much thinking and not enough execution from the sidelines.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69598 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
Jones losing control? Dismissal gives Jones a reason to say he was under manned to play against Georgia.

www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/...issed-vols/73517250/

More
8 years 6 months ago #69600 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
Interesting, consensus being the players will rebound.
Not Richt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69607 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
Guess we have experience in our play calling for this game in Knoxville, Tennessee if we learned anything from the game in Athens against Alabama.

Nick Chubb mentioned that he thought we should have ran the ball at Alabama. Nick, think you will probably get your wish against Tennessee.

Brian Schottenheimer mentioned that he called a bad game against Alabama, maybe that will improve in Knoxville.

Malcolm Mitchell was frustrated, open against Alabama and Lambert could not get the ball to him.

Tight end play might be utilized this week against the Vols. Might. That was supposed to be one of Schottenheimer's tendencies in the NFL. We have several that are better than average. Blazevich will play in the pros. Belichick type of player. Harris is going to be lights out if . . . .

Have this feeling that the Vols will load the box. If our offensive line does not do more, could be a difficult day.

Over 100,000 Tennessee fans that will be louder than at any time this season. This is Georgia, they need a win. A lot depends on their play Saturday.

These are the kind of games that I really, really miss AM.

www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USTN0268:1:US
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #69610 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
We need to control the game early.
Jump out ahead and keep the crowd out of it.
Look for tn to try to rattle Lambert.

What a brilliant move it would be to start Bauta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds