Forum

Monday - Seeing Orange

8 years 6 months ago #69551 by stevedawg
Monday - Seeing Orange was created by stevedawg
Time to take on the Volunteers.

After last week's disaster what are we taking to the next game? Experience for sure. Our players have seen the worst happen and are toughened up.

Saturday is forecast partly cloudy, 71 degrees and 0 chance of rain.

Go Dawgs and put one in the W column!!!

(Please keep all issues about the staff being fired in the "What Now" or "Letters to MR") I would like those to stay separate. On the other hand, how they will approach the next game is welcome here. Thanks.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 6 months ago #69553 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
This is a must win for Jones.
He is definitely on the hot seat.

We must get our composure back.
Floyd and Jenkins need to be in Dobbs face all game.
If we can control the line of scrimmage, this should be a good win.

However, desperate coaches are like caged animals. Jones has nothing to lose. I expect some trickery from that orange team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago #69554 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Monday - Seeing Orange

averagedawg wrote: This is a must win for Jones.
He is definitely on the hot seat.

We must get our composure back.
Floyd and Jenkins need to be in Dobbs face all game.
If we can control the line of scrimmage, this should be a good win.

However, desperate coaches are like caged animals. Jones has nothing to lose. I expect some trickery from that orange team.

Same. Butch's Tennessee team has their backs against a wall as much as we do.

Fans are already comparing him to Derek Dooley. Not something butch wants to be compared to I'm certain.

Will be an interesting game, that's for sure. Not to sure how I feel about this game right now.

But hey if we spot butch a 14 point lead in the 4th, he might just give this game to us
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago #69556 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
Before the season started I had Tenn circled as the team to worry about, not because I thought they were going to be all that like the "talking heads" were pumping them up to be. But because I thought we were going to win a Dawg fight the week before against Bama and then head into to Vol's country spent, beat up physically and emotionally spent. I never saw Bama beating us...

I honestly have mixed emotions. The competitor in me see's us going up their pissed off and wanting to rip their heads off and spit down their throats.But then I realize who our really nice HC is and then I wonder...

I've been told by many that I'm the most fierce competitor they've ever met. I have 3 BIG passions in my life, family, sports and UGA football. I would literally fight till the death for all 3. Just an insight of where my head is haha. With that being said and I'm being as realistic as I can be here, I think our players all have enough fight and talent in them to trump the lack of fight that our HC has in him. I think they will overcome the adversity that they are all facing from the loss. They will let this loss go and grow and learn from it. I think this team is going to rally around one another and we will look back at the Bama game as a blessing in disguise. I have not nor will I give up on this team, I have zero faith in our HC but I do believe in our boys! Tenn better be prepared Sat because a bunch of pissed off DAWGS are coming to town!

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 6 months ago #69557 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
So I just read where our HC said, "it's going to go down to the wire". Does he really think with all of the talent on HIS team that the Vols are going to take us down to the wire??? That right there is exactly why we will NEVER win the big games much less a NC with CMR as our HC! My comment to the press would be short and simple after that embarrassing loss to Bama. I would say, I wouldn't want to be on the next team facing these mad DAWGS.

I sure hope not a single kid on our team believes this game is going to go down to the wire! I hope they are all preparing mentally and physically to make this a STATEMENT game to themselves, the fans and the nation that we aren't the team you all saw on Saturday. Our HC coach disgusts me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, GooseDawg78, averagedawg, bulldawg36869, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69558 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
I hear you, sflanagan21 - I was thinking the same thing. I'll give him a pass for being politically correct and not wanting to give the opposition any bulletin board material, but it better NOT go down to the wire. This needs to be a good old fashioned BLOW OUT from the KICK OFF.

'Bama made this team look like a bunch of little kids playing Youth League football out at the YMCA. There better be some PRIDE hurting in Athens. Every player on the team better be thinking "we will NEVER play like THAT again" and "nobody . . . not even Alabama . . . can EVER shove me around like a little girl at a tea party AGAIN!"

But do you get the impression, after all these years, that instead of walking out on that practice field and reminding his players about the woodshed they just got taken out to, that he is instead out there telling them, "it's okay, fellas . . . just keep trying hard and you can do it". That instead of ripping their collective and individual A55E5 open and challenging their MANHOOD, he is probably salving their wounded little egos? Handing out effort and participation ribbons?

Don't tell me that thought hasn't crossed your mind - it's the image I keep getting every time I think about UGA practices, unfortunately.

:angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds