Forum

Monday - Seeing Orange

8 years 6 months ago #69573 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
Buc my man the fact is this, as long as Richt is at the helm we will always be one of the most talented underachieving teams in the country.

I still like our chances this weekend. Before I even look past Tenn I want to see what kind of heart this team has. I still firmly believe we have tons of talen and if Lambert can shake the "Bama Nightmare" and get it together then we should be able to handle the Vols.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69576 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - Seeing Orange

sflanagan21 wrote: So I just read where our HC said, "it's going to go down to the wire". Does he really think with all of the talent on HIS team that the Vols are going to take us down to the wire??? That right there is exactly why we will NEVER win the big games much less a NC with CMR as our HC! My comment to the press would be short and simple after that embarrassing loss to Bama. I would say, I wouldn't want to be on the next team facing these mad DAWGS.

That's exactly right sflanigan. I say it again and again that a team takes on the personality of the coach.

Talk like that all the time and your team will believe it. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. He probably told the team all week that losing the Alabama game wouldn't interrupt our goals. You know why our "big goal" every year is nothing more than winning the East? Richt says it all the time. He is passive, and our team is passive as a result.

Team get's punked on the field because the coach gets mentally
punked.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69577 by sflanagan21
I hope Shotty remembers that we have 3 stud TE's on Saturday, just saying...

PS- Godwin is the best route runner on the team Shotty

More
8 years 6 months ago #69579 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - Seeing Orange

Buc wrote:
sflanagan21, truly believe that the years of "high end recruiting" caught up with UGA again. There is a reason that top athletes sign on with programs like Alabama. Many repeat the same message . . . . Alabama wins championships.

IF there is a difference in our talent,
it is this:

Saban promises that you will win championships as he prepares you for the NFL.

Richt promises you'll play for a good man and learn that there is more to football than winning and losing, as you prepare for the NFL.

Saban gets the four and five star athletes that want to win championships as they prepare for the NFL.

Rick gets the four and five star athletes whose parents want their kids to play for a good man and learn valuable life-lessons as they prepare for the NFL.

If....there is a difference.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69580 by sflanagan21

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
sflanagan21, truly believe that the years of "high end recruiting" caught up with UGA again. There is a reason that top athletes sign on with programs like Alabama. Many repeat the same message . . . . Alabama wins championships.

IF there is a difference in our talent,
it is this:

Saban promises that you will win championships as he prepares you for the NFL.

Richt promises you'll play for a good man and learn that there is more to football than winning and losing, as you prepare for the NFL.

Saban gets the four and five star athletes that want to win championships as they prepare for the NFL.

Rick gets the four and five star athletes whose parents want their kids to play for a good man and learn valuable life-lessons as they prepare for the NFL.

If....there is a difference.

Touche'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago #69594 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday - Seeing Orange
I saw where it was mentioned that this is a must win game for the vols, I believe it is the other way around , UGA must win if there is any hope of saving the season. When I say saving the season I mean playing for something we can hold on to, like SECC. That's hard to admit after only 5 games, or lets be honest 4 scrimmages and a game, one of the scrimmages was really not good(Vandy).

I don't feel comfortable with this game and several others to follow simply because of UGA's habit of glossing over inadequacies in the Game Plans. Its like they have a manual out and can't read fast enough to make changes.

Too much thinking and not enough execution from the sidelines.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds