Forum

Finally First football game ULM

8 years 8 months ago #68784 by growl
By the time he gets here, it is my hope, he's going to have to fight for that job.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68785 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Finally First football game ULM
OG was right, Lambert named the starter...

More
8 years 8 months ago #68786 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Finally First football game ULM

Buc wrote: Interesting post Steve. I choose door four(4).

Having some thoughts about the 2015 Season and years past.

Seem to remember quarterback “situations” that were not “situations then" as I watch the “going's on now”.

Gazing over the past, seems that most on this board and many others started having problems with “decision making” at the quarterback position soon after Mike Bobo was given the keys to the offensive side of the ball. Could not help but notice that Bobo hired one of his quarterbacks to his staff in Colorado. Joe Cox, Graduate Assistant.

The Richt/Bobo years were filled with “honoring longevity” not talent at the position level.

Anyone remember Knowshon Moreno? Not a quarterback, definitely the best at his position. The University of Georgia coaching staff, was primarily a staff that did not “recognize” talent to the fullest extent. Everyone that played with Mareno understood that the talented young man should have started, and instead . . . . a Redshirt.

Again the time of year when the Public Relations Group have swayed the “faithful” in the direction of “erasing” the sins of the past.

This group of new coaches have definitely changed some of the thinking in Athens. I say that because of this . . . .

Now we have a head coach that has changed “his way” of approaching playing time. Following the old rule, the Richt/Bobo Rule, the player with the most time at a position would start, regardless of talent.

Not to be fooled.

Coaches on both sides of the ball do not align with the Richt/Bobo/grantham Rule.

So, what has changed . . . . Mark Richt. It has been covered up by the PR Group effectively, but the change was implemented when a “serious group” of coaches moved to Athens. They play and coach and teach by a different set of rules.

Needed for many years.

If I have put someones "fire in the belly out for the 2015 Season" . . . . Check the history of UGA Football recently, looking at how playing time was handled. Answers are there.

Buc, a lot has changed in the past year plus at UGA. I'm even hearing that Richt has more intensity and little pep in his step this year. There is a lot of "believing" within the program right now.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68787 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Finally First football game ULM

sflanagan21 wrote: OG was right, Lambert named the starter...

That is why he was brought in. Caretaker until the arrival of the savior.

Ramsey has leadership issues and Bauta does not fit their mold.

Was a no brainer

Just hope the second stringer from UVA holds the ship together

Best QB transferred

This will define Schotty as Lambert was his guy all along and he has a 50/50 chance to go down as a good college OC. This is what they will judge him by IMHO.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style, sflanagan21

More
8 years 8 months ago #68788 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Finally First football game ULM
Does make one curious as to what kind of phone booths we have on campus. Second string QB from second rate program transforms into starter on world-beater team.

It would make a great story if it weren't for all the kryptonite in the conference.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but gonna need to see something, and not against ULM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 8 months ago #68789 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Finally First football game ULM
I had a chat with a friend of mine back when Lambert was making the transfer to Dawg Nation. He's a former UVA football player, Draddy Award "Academic Heisman" and National Football Foundation Scholar-Athletes award recipient to name a few. So I take his knowledge fairly seriously. He stated Lambert is the real deal and would've been a hell of a lot better at UVA if he'd had the coaches and talent on the field surrounding him that Georgia has.

So there ya go. Hope that little piece of intel eases minds. With Bozo gone, let's sit back and let it play out and see what happens.

I have a good feeling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds