Forum

Finally First football game ULM

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68814 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Finally First football game ULM
Game week starting with some coach speak.

Game week with player speak.

Haven't checked the point spread, last I read it was 30 or 40 point difference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #68815 by Buc
Runs well for a 6'5" QB.

More
8 years 7 months ago #68817 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Finally First football game ULM
You know Buc there is no doubt that Lambert has some skills but what I can't wrap my head around is that how does someone who has been in the program less that 2 months beet out one guy that's been in 3 years and one that's been in two. FB has out played all competition ever scrimmage that I've seen our read about. If not mistaken CMR said in the last scrimmage when he was playing with the 2s that he had a long scoring drive against the 1s. Everyone you here talks about how great his work ethic, leadership and knowledge is. Things just don't add up in my book.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, bulldawg36869

More
8 years 7 months ago #68818 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Finally First football game ULM
DawgTM,

Just a guess on my part but I think Lambert is CBS' guy...Ramsey & Bauta were Bobo recruits. Think OgreDawg mentioned this in a thread earlier.

I really like GL's size, 6'5" and he has 12 games of power 5 conference experience too...about 12 times more than our other 2 QBs
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68821 by Buc
DAWGtm, as you know several that post here have spent a lot of time on the keyboard trying to get opinions.

You make a very good point when you state what the media has offered us about the practices and the scrimmages that all have participated in.

Guess I have come to the point that "I" just have to accept the fact that another mistake was made by Faton Bauta. He chose to give it his all and apparently his all did not fit the comfort zone of those in charge. I have great respect for Faton and really wish that he would consider moving on.

Appears to me that if Lambert were to be injured, Ramsey would be the next quarterback up. Eason coming in next season, leaves little or no room for Faton and probably Ramsey if Greyson remains healthy.

Paid close attention to the video I posted and appears to me that Lambert will take off in a heart beat. Do know that Richt/Bobo both called AM on the carpet for that. Then I look at what happened to AM when he was mauled in the Auburn game, also in the Alabama game. Pockets can be a very dangerous place on the football field.

Takes me to this . . . . Richt wanted Bobo's replacement to be on the same page with him. My understanding is that there was a long conversation, face to face between Richt and Schottenheimer. Will be interesting to see whether Greyson Lambert will have his wheels removed.

Another player that I have concern for is AJ Turman. Apparently Thomas Brown is not satisfied with AJ at this point. Would not be surprised to see AJ leave, going to be hard for him to get playing time. Many young folks today ask first off in recruiting . . . . what about playing time for me. Not just running backs, linemen also.

Will say this . . . . Nick Chubb was quick to endorse Greyson Lambert. That in my way of thinking is a smart young man realizing that there was controversy at the quarterback position and many fans appreciate not only his play but using his head. Most players on the offensive side of the ball know that any one of the quarterbacks would fit in.

DAWGtm my disappointment is watching the way the quarterback position has been "handled" in the past, up until this season and seems we did a complete turnaround. Longevity no longer mattered.

Nick Saban wanted Ramsey real bad. Florida wanted Bauta real bad. Wonder what the feelings are with the two of them. Hard for young players, especially quarterbacks being moved back in the pecking order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 7 months ago #68822 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Finally First football game ULM
Spot on Buc, I totally agree! GL would never be named our starter under the old offensive regime. Hopefully this change in approach will produce the intended results???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds