Forum

Finally First football game ULM

8 years 8 months ago #68776 by Dawg With Style
Finally First football game ULM was created by Dawg With Style
This season will be different want have my Dad to scream at the TV. ;)

Well I don't expect much from this game but at least it's football.

I want to see a team fired up an ready to play 4 quarters.

No injuries

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68779 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Finally First football game ULM
S A T U R D A Y football is here.

Man cave ready - check
Food and refreshments - check
Fan hat - check
Quality Assurance Analyst hat - check

Have I missed anything?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

8 years 8 months ago #68780 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Finally First football game ULM
Think you have it covered Steve

DWS......with you on no injuries

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 8 months ago #68781 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Finally First football game ULM
Interesting post Steve. I choose door four(4).

Having some thoughts about the 2015 Season and years past.

Seem to remember quarterback “situations” that were not “situations then" as I watch the “going's on now”.

Gazing over the past, seems that most on this board and many others started having problems with “decision making” at the quarterback position soon after Mike Bobo was given the keys to the offensive side of the ball. Could not help but notice that Bobo hired one of his quarterbacks to his staff in Colorado. Joe Cox, Graduate Assistant.

The Richt/Bobo years were filled with “honoring longevity” not talent at the position level.

Anyone remember Knowshon Moreno? Not a quarterback, definitely the best at his position. The University of Georgia coaching staff, was primarily a staff that did not “recognize” talent to the fullest extent. Everyone that played with Mareno understood that the talented young man should have started, and instead . . . . a Redshirt.

Again the time of year when the Public Relations Group have swayed the “faithful” in the direction of “erasing” the sins of the past.

This group of new coaches have definitely changed some of the thinking in Athens. I say that because of this . . . .

Now we have a head coach that has changed “his way” of approaching playing time. Following the old rule, the Richt/Bobo Rule, the player with the most time at a position would start, regardless of talent.

Not to be fooled.

Coaches on both sides of the ball do not align with the Richt/Bobo/grantham Rule.

So, what has changed . . . . Mark Richt. It has been covered up by the PR Group effectively, but the change was implemented when a “serious group” of coaches moved to Athens. They play and coach and teach by a different set of rules.

Needed for many years.

If I have put someones "fire in the belly out for the 2015 Season" . . . . Check the history of UGA Football recently, looking at how playing time was handled. Answers are there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 8 months ago #68782 by growl
That's telling it like it is Buc, no way around it

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 8 months ago #68783 by Buc
Chief, I cut it short, knowing my personality, would probably say too much.

Would be totally surprised if "longevity" comes into play at the quarterback position. Head coach and offensive coordinator both were backups in college. Both at this point have resumes that please those that can live with 8/9/10 wins a year.

The more I look at Bobo leaving, the more I understand how that will change Georgia Football. Not a offensive coordinator in college football that could not put a lot of points on the board with the "talent" that signs the LOI's year after year.

Has been said and will be said again on this board and others . . . . The head coach has put all of his marbles in the 2016 quarterback's bag. Wonder just how long Jacob Eason will wear the headphones in 2016?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds