Forum

Finally First football game ULM

8 years 8 months ago #68790 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Finally First football game ULM

rockdawg wrote: Does make one curious as to what kind of phone booths we have on campus. Second string QB from second rate program transforms into starter on world-beater team.

It would make a great story if it weren't for all the kryptonite in the conference.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but gonna need to see something, and not against ULM.

The talent level around him is dramatically better. Interesting times.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68791 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Finally First football game ULM
I actually think they made the right choice, while I would like to see FB given a shot given his ability to run but GL fits the mold and is smart.

Will know more as the season progresses but the job is GL's to lose as we know the penchant to stay the course with whoever is under center.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68792 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Finally First football game ULM
Passing through the posts again . . . .

ogredawg is spot on in a number of things that he has said in the recent past concerning quarterbacks and coaching in Athens.

Goes like this I suppose . . . .

Lambert is the leader in 2015, hard to believe that the other quarterbacks will replace him. The "stuff" being said by MR is nothing more than covering up the mistakes made under his "lack of guidance and selections" prior to 2015 at the quarterback position.

Understandable that some recruits are not going to be all that. My problem with the quarterback position is we have had multiple problems for many years. Going with slanagan21 on his post saying that changes have been made in Athens (coaching).

New coaches arrived and there has definitely been a noticeable "pep in the players and coaches steps". From where I sit, that had been a failure under MR prior to the group of coaches now on board. Regardless of what the record is when the 2015 Season is over, MR has benefited greatly from coaches that appeared to keep him off of the hot seat, again.

Just a thought . . . . Would not be surprised to see Ramsey make a move to Colorado. He was led by Mike Bobo as quarterback coach. Faton Bauta, not going to play a lot (if any) in Athens. Apparently another mistake made by MR. Say again, MR was a second stringer at best when playing, from where I sit, his on field coaching or lack of is at "best" second string. He fits the media profile of being what I have tagged him in the past . . . . Carney, outside the tent he can lure you in, once in you realize that you were duped.

Lot of talent on this team. Lambert at the controls for his final year of college football. This gives him a chance to be looked at closely by the NFL.

Quarterbacks in Athens now, if wanting playing time in college, better find employment elsewhere. Eason is coming to town and that fits with the way MR ran the position in the past . . . . keeping his word. Anyone that believes that Eason will not start has not "read the media clips" for an entire year.

Gillette, good to see you back. Interesting post as usual.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68793 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Finally First football game ULM
After posting above went "looking". Picked this up from the media.

“I can’t tell you how many times we went back and forth on the thing, quite frankly,” Richt said Monday evening. “It was very close. But coach Schottenheimer and I decided that it would be wise to (make a decision) right now so we could kind of get it over with, so to speak. Maybe within a day or two everybody can kind of settle down and play football, think about winning.”

The paragraph above makes it very clear to me the lack of "understanding" and "decision making" that has been a "losing situation" in Athens for far too long. Have not been a supporter of MR's "decision making" for many years. If it had been stated that Schottenheimer made the decision, I would have felt differently. MR always seems to involve others when trying to express why he does certain things.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68794 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Finally First football game ULM
The only thing I got out of the starter being named is if he screws up he will be pulled.

An 2 QB will be used.

Faton Bauta sorry if miss spelled I hope you leave Georgia just as soon as the season is over for some reason your not going to get a far chance.

An by the way the next Stafford own the way but the other QB that's committed is better in my eyes but hay I'm not Richt an company I don't know shit.

Glad to see everybody posting.

Buc for my 2 cents the reason Sony is ahead of KM4 is Sony is just better funny how some actually use the best I'm not putting Keith down butI Sony has more God given talent imho.

Rattlers off a snake I killed yesterday.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68796 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Finally First football game ULM
Lambert has 2 years remaining. He will be the trainer for the savior. FB will stay, if anyone goes it will be Ramsey. FB will be a 5th year senior next year. Read between the lines on what CBS and CMR were saying, BR has leadership issues and this last month proved just that.

Don't think they will be quick to pull GL. You have to be consistent at QB just like the O line. Young group of WR's also and they need the timing plus and it is a big PLUS is that GL is tall 6'5" and will hand the ball off high to the RB's which is just what #27 likes. Unless he screws up big time which I doubt he is the QB for UGA for the next 2 years barring unforeseen circumstances. IMHO GL will be a better manager than HM ever was and able to get the ball down field.

BR goes to Bobo after this season after he graduates just like GL did this year.

Take this for what it is worth...GL is Schotty's guy no mistake about it....CMR just signed off on it.

The big question will be can we win the SEC and make the playoffs with this QB or will the saying be 2 years away NEXT YEAR once again?

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds