Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4

8 years 9 months ago #68167 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
Not real sure about it being "too early" to be recruiting, even though as said, young folks tend to change their minds. Hat in the ring means a lot more than previous recruiting efforts by those that were responsible for same.

Over a long period have read many posts about universities using the shotgun approach. My way of thinking it comes down to young men looking around at their preferred position. Comes a time when regardless of star ratings, x number of scholarships are available and decisions have to be made.

Coaches at most D1 Universities have a good feel for those that will enlist.

Apparently while it is a badge of honor to hit the twitter or facebook trail and list 20 or 30 scholarships offered, still remains that there are x number of slots and those wanting to wear a particular color or colors soften a bit when the chips start to fall.

Media makes their living with "games". Started well before the internet was invented by Al Gore. Newsprint survived on sports reporting up until Al Gore shed the light on something better.

Nick Saban probably has enough "offers" out there to supply several football teams. Most that are very good at the game realize that there are others that rate high enough to play SEC Football. Again, a head coach that is head and shoulders above those that make less than 7 or 8 million dollars annually.

Ramsey is the starting quarterback for Georgia. Do I have inside on that statement, no. Would I wager that, yes.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68168 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
Buc wrote

"Ramsey is the starting quarterback for Georgia"

I also feel that is the case and has been decided since last season

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68169 by Buc
sadlerdawg, pulled this statement made in another thread this morning. Said this . . . .

Mark Hocke is a very positive step in the right direction. Looking at where he was an understudy, those that he helped train, results speak for themselves. Dude has a motor.

Looking back can not count the number of times that I believe we were beaten because we were less fit.

Below is a tweet by Mike Ekeler, another coach that I have a lot of faith in. Will post the link that I pulled this from. Time lines show I did not "peep".

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2015/06/coach-e...ie%27s+Dawg+Blawg%29
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68171 by Buc
Have spent some time trying to figure out what Schottenheimer will add to or put in place with the offense.

Not a lot of "stuff" out there on Schottenheimer other than most of his stops are like many places in the NFL, time to move on.

From this corner, believe we are going to see a lot of action from the "slot receiver position". Too much running back talent with pass catching abilities not to "spread" the offense a bit more. Did not understand the reasoning for that last season. Too much talent not on the field and the reasons for that somehow escape me. We are tight end rich, running back rich, offensive line better than many. See no reason not to get the ball to folks that cause problems with the ball in their hands. Hard to do that with the talent on the sideline. Maybe the reason for that was our offensive coordinator felt like the offense was scoring enough points . . . . not bashing, but . . . . Many on this board know that too often in the past those in charge did not score when every opportunity was presented.

Hands under center need to get more than practice under their belts. That is another reason I believe that Brice Ramsey will be the starter. He has done that, regardless of "time in grade".

Ramsey at this point is the "arm" that the head coach wants at the position. If that was not so, makes me wonder why we would be putting all of our marbles in the much discussed Jacob Eason basket. Eason is all about deep routes. Still in high school but that is what the head coach wants. It is also said about Eason that he has "touch", in my mind that is very important. Have to say this . . . . not sure about Brice Ramsey and "touch" or the playbook. That should be one of the reasons that Schottenheimer was hired . . . . not teach the playbook, teach the players. Seems I read somewhere that Schottenheimer was putting in plays at a rapid pace. Many think that the quarterback is the only person on the field that needs to know the playbook. AM spent a great amount of time explaining to Isaiah Crowell where to go and what to do on Saturday afternoons. The same player that kicked sand in Richt's face. Sometimes being "nice" does not work out well. Just remembering "stuff".

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68172 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
Would not surprise me one bit to see Lambert named the starter 3 weeks into August.

Hoping to see Marshall used in the slot along with Michel in 4 WR type sets. That is what Schott was known for in the pros. Let Chubb and Turman handle the load in the backfield mostly. Going to be hard to keep all this talent on the pine.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68173 by Buc
Still have a problem trying to understand the way Quayvon Hicks has been handled in Athens.

Bet this . . . . Many players on this team will be mentioned going to the NFL.

Quayvon Hicks will line up in the NFL.

Quayvon Hicks has nothing to do with the "playbook" as such. He is talented, another young man that was not used, or appreciated. Too many go through Athens that the "system" does not "fit".

The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds