Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4

8 years 9 months ago #68180 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
Growl agree with all your point and will toss in IMac and Sony. TE's will also be fun to watch

Set on ready well past ready. This is a very talented group with the right attitude.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68181 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
growl, it's that time of year when I start rattlin' the Bulldogs cage. I'm ready!!!

I'm looking forward to some of the best LB play in college football. The secondary will be improved! The D Line should be formidable. If it's true that defenses win championships, then this could be a special year.

The O-Line will NOT miss a step. They WILL plow holes in opposing defenses. I have NO doubts about that. None. And with Nick Chubb, Keith Marshall (he WILL return to form this year), Sony Michel (these are in no special order - he's a stud, and he knows it), Brendan Douglas, A.J. Turman (can't wait to see him lay someone out this year). Let's just say the running game is way beyond "special". They will devastate.

The receivers have not gotten enough positive press. We are not as bad off as many may think (or hope). We have both experience AND athleticism at receiver. Tight end - we're beastly. I do NOT envy opposing LBs.

Special teams - we WILL be improved over last year, because we will have a punter (one way or another) who will get the job done, and we have not one, but at LEAST TWO explosive play makers on returns.

That leaves only two areas left.

QB - Oh . . . yeah . . . we have 5 of those. And not ONE of them has impressed enough to claim the job. And not ONE of those prevented us from going after a third rate schools 2nd rate QB from last year, who lost his job. So I believe this will be a step backwards for us. BUT - yd1 - I will NOT lose all hope. I have my fingers crossed that during the next month or two, our coaches will find SOMEONE.

And finally -

Coaches. We've got 'em, folks. Yes we do. The guy at the top doesn't have to win games for us. He, like the QB, just has to NOT LOSE THEM FOR US. Let the Field Generals do their things. Organize. Strategize. But only look at the big picture. And coach better than you planned for our QB situation. All is NOT lost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 9 months ago #68182 by yankeedawg1
Thriller. Good post spot on. Smoke some hedges this 4th enjoy the family and the day

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 9 months ago #68183 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
yd1, thanks! We (my family and I) will be taking the camper out Friday morning and heading to the panhandle of Florida. So - in honor of the 4th and of our favorite team to hate, we will be smoking some Gay-tor tail (probably steaks - I personally love gator tail, but my family - not so much) and we'll probably bake some Pigskins over the campfire (bake some potatoes) and I'll probably sautee some Bermudagrass broccoli (with some lemon juice and Italian seasoning).

While we're down there, I may have to take the kids over to NAS Pensacola to show 'em where I went to AOCS back in the day and maybe visit the Naval Aviation Museum, where my old D.I. is immortalized in a plaque that was posted last month. Maybe I'll P.T. my kids out on the seawall for old time sakes!

Ah, yes . . . good times.

Everybody, God Bless you all and have a GREAT, UGA 4th of July and following week - I'll be out of pocket for the week.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68184 by yankeedawg1
Good on you Thriller. Love PNS. Enjoyed many Royal Reds at the Point. Stay well .....

Go Dawgs.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68185 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
Yes we have the talent and SHOULD be real good but then again NO:

for me

:whistle:

thecountrynation.com
Attachments: