Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68159 by stevedawg
Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4 was created by stevedawg
Holiday week....

The Dawgs and July 4th. How does that fit together?

(Feel free to chew anything else over. The holiday has got my brain on vacation)

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 9 months ago #68160 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
See where we have fallen out of the top ten in 2016 football recruiting. Started strong, but other universities seem to have picked up the pace and pulled ahead.

24/7 has LSU as #1 and Alabama at #4.

Think it shows others are not letting grass grow under their feet. There is talk about Les Miles slipping a bit at LSU, maybe the outside chatter has aroused the “Tiger” . . . . TIC.

Alabama is still doing every year what they set out to do. Get the best, continue their dominance in the SEC.

Realize that many young men have not as yet committed, but that also applies to all universities. Final recruiting standings will come later, after all of the “visits” are made.

Wonder where we (UGA) would be if grantham and his group remained in Athens? Can say this . . . . Many of those that have committed to Georgia have done so because of recent coaching change(s) in Athens. Not a doubt in my mind when I say that.

Proves to me that a solid coaching group together can accomplish much more than what I believe to have existed in Athens, a group that had more personal interest at heart. Said it before, say it again . . . . Team incorporates more than players. Saban/Smart understand that. Maybe the new coaches from Alabama can build what was missing in the word “team”.

247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68162 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
Mentioned a few times before on this board that kicking and punting have always been a huge part of SEC Football. Another area that has had it problems in Athens recently, both on and off the field.

In South Florida soccer is a huge sport. Many scouts spend a lot of time in South Florida basically looking for "kickers". Georgia is one that knows the area has and will always have some of the best.

Will add this . . . . here is hoping that we get our "punting game" in order. Mark Richt usually has little to say about weak links on the football team. However the head coach has made mention of the punting in Athens as being less than acceptable. For him to openly show concern, there is a serious problem. Watching film of last years punts and the G Day Game in 2015, that is a weak link that needs correcting, fast.

Alabama strikes again in the kicking area, also have the best punter in the SEC. Special Team play is more than a "name". Successful coaches understand that.

www.si.com/college-football/2015/06/28/a...r-eddy-pineiro-video
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68163 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
Wait until the dust settles and LOI are signed and returned. I am pleased to see us recruiting

To our needs. Linemen......both sides. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 9 months ago #68164 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to friggin' early to be concerned with recruiting, IMVHO! These are immature, often egotistical young men that can get turned sideways by a split-tail in a nanosecond!....And this early recruiting of freshman and sophomore talent makes me SMFH!...

Did we NOT learn a lesson from Roquan Smith????....

All this gibber gabber from the media about recruiting is just a smoke screen....CMR needs to get his house in order, name a friggin' QB and be prepared to bring the pain....

Nuff said!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, growl

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68165 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - July 4
That post right there summarizes it pretty well. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edit: I especially agree with "name your starting QB and PREPARE".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds