Forum

Auburn Fan Speaks....

8 years 10 months ago #67825 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn community speaks....
thriller, a good, sensible post.

The one area that bothers me more than others about Georgia, there always seems to be a lot of talent available in the State. Having gone through several years of up and down, something just ain't right.

When Spurrier was coaching the gators, always had a lot of talent, Florida is a talent rich State. South Carolina just does not have the "history" that I feel is so important. That is one of the factors that in my opinion keeps Alabama a step ahead when they have the right head coach.

Also believe that Gus Malzahn has hit a bump in the road. Believe he also realized it, especially in 2014 when Georgia led by a new group of coaches on the defense, let him know that his "system" was/is beatable. Did not take Gus long to lay the blame on the other side of the ball, team that was really beaten up with injuries. Went looking for someone that could prove he was right in releasing the defensive coordinator. That old "CYA" thingy.

Check out the Gus Malzahn offense . . . . seems some coaches never get released from the "top". As bad as Pruitt's defense was in JAX, they came to play this game.

Solid post thriller.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #67826 by Buc
When I look at the video above and some other film I have watched, have a hard time understanding how a team with the talent we had in 2014 could not win the East side of the SEC. Along with that, beat the hell out of Missouri and who wins the SEC East, Missouri. Actually, not that hard to figure out.

It is this type of play that makes me scratch my head and say the things that I do when questioning our head coach.

South Carolina, Florida and Tech. I venture to say that we should have won all three, another rerun of the "roller coaster ride" that has been going on in Athens. Last SEC Championship . . . . 2005, as pointed out by Wartdawg often.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67827 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Auburn community speaks....
Yes - I have pointed out, correctly I believe, that CMR lifted UGA football to a high level. But it sure looks like he can't quite get us to the highest level. The ball bounces funny for everyone, but the South Carolina, Florida and GT games last year were NOT funny bounce games. They were bad coached games, all three. Look what teams did to SC. Look what teams did to Florida. And look where we had GT - just kick off the ball normal and win the game. But no.

I'm okay with the carousel now. I have to admit - for a few teams in the SEC, it has WORKED.

Check this out - DISGUSTING:

collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/0...-qb-greyson-lambert/

He can't even win the job at UVA!!!!! And we WANT him?!

That too, is BAD coaching.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67828 by Buc
Anyone buying the line from Richt that he wants four or five quarterbacks on his roster. One thing that appears to have happened is one if not two of the quarterbacks "supposedly" trying to win the starting job will probably leave Athens and play elsewhere. Just another Mark Richt mess. Small wonder that the bookmakers in Vegas say we lose three games this season. Richt understands that part of "his playbook", has been doing that for some time.

Lambert being "eligible" to play this season, strong indication that someone like Jacob Park learns how to snow ski. Faton Bauta probably already knows how to snow ski, and has studied under Bobo. Bauta however is not what Bobo wants in a quarterback, Park is better suited from Bobo's perspective.

www.sicemdawgs.com/2015/06/mark-richt-co...%28Sicemdawgs.com%29

Edit . . . . thriller I had not read your post prior to posting this. We sometimes seem to be on the same page. No doubt that someone has served notice to the head coach, (gotten to the point that I don't like to call him by his name) they are leaving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 10 months ago #67829 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
Make no sense to me. If I was a QB at UGA and I wasn't thinking about transferring I would now. How can your expertise be at coaching QB's and we are continually in this mess. Kinda like expecting a kicker to teach himself how to improve his skills.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc

More
8 years 10 months ago #67830 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
DAWGtm, to me at this point . . . . the head coach is about as arrogant as anyone that I have ran across in my lifetime.

The head coach has an exaggerated sense of his own importance and abilities.

How many more years do those of us that are "outside the arena" have to watch the head coach continue his self gratification as the so-called head coach at the University of Georgia.

NC_Dawg had this to say in another thread.

Trust me, I don't doubt for a second that Ramsey had the "tools" to get the attention of many D1 coaches. Same can be said for Bauta and Parks. My issue has been and continues to be our seemingly endless inability to be prepared for the next season. We waffle from savior to savior....Stafford, Murray and now Eason, but can't seem to pull together a qualified back-up, regardless to the number of "stars" they acquired before matriculating at UGA!

As I've said many, MANY times, lack of talent has never been the problem,....coaching up that talent,......decide for yourself. FTR: Anyone willing to believe that Eason is going to march into the Classic City and right all the coaching wrongs needs to YouTube Stafford and Murray's first season.....

To answer your question Buc, No....In any other sector inconsistent display of competency would result in a pink slip.....Mahogany Row isn't any "normal" sector and mediocrity still fills the stands, buys the merchandise and MOST IMPORTANTLY believes the annual hope and hype that flows from Butts Mehre....

GO DAWGS!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds