Forum

Auburn Fan Speaks....

8 years 10 months ago #67845 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
I guess the flip side of what I've been harping on so much this year is that at least we have only one or two true weaknesses. QB and to a lesser extent WR. I think the WRs may surprise some folks. Before he got hurt, I actually had JSW ahead of Chris Conley. (Just an impression.)

If I'm wrong, we should win a championship or two this year. If I'm right . . . you just WAIT until next year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #67847 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
The true weakness is at the top end of story

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 10 months ago #67853 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
ogredawg, now that we know who one of our backup QBs is going to be this year, that's a tough point to disagree with. :(

More
8 years 10 months ago #67854 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
Hey Buc there looking for water so they can irrigate the indoor field that made my day thanks!!!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67855 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
DWS, have missed you. Started to inquire a couple of times, but I know this . . . . can't keep "full bloodied Dawgs with a pedigree" away.

Stay on top of this "stuff" my Brother. Dawgs.com is one of the last sites that is holding true to the course. Course meaning not being "bullied" by the media and accepting what they once "fed us" and got "away with".

yd1 has mentioned several times that being involved with this board is special and it is not about the "clicks". There is a "right way" and a "wrong way" to count clicks. Enjoy watching the AJC beat writers lining up and going to work. Seth Emerson has reported for duty, several there now playing for "second team". I said that, have watched much the same in my life.

Have been here for a while, can say this . . . . once in a great while there is a "piss fight". Can also say this, somewhere down the road, the "piss fight" did not separate those that participated.

Allow me this . . . .

A good team lives here. I said that. I believe that.

If ever, and I doubt if ever anyone can "tread" here if they come "not prepared" for something better than our head coach offers. Many here see through the BS and that truthfully keeps "stoopid" away.

Said a while back that I would not allow our head coach to move me "left or right" of center again. I am a staunch believer in doing ones job. Head coach ain't. At some point those outside the arena will move in the "right" direction and do much the same thing that FSU did . . . . Shake hands and come back in five years and see what was accomplished after your departure. Some will understand that last comment, some won't. Goes something like this . . . . we supported your efforts as head coach, you missed one thing that is very important . . . . it is about those "outside the arena", and you never understood that.

Said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67856 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
Never been a doubt that I have a lot to say. Maybe that is a good thing.

Going through the last fourteen years in the SEC, why is it that I don't feel satisfied?

Too many that are much younger than myself don't have a problem with "down the road" or "two years down the road".

There will come a day when you awaken and these are the words that you will hear . . . . it will be from those much younger than yourself . . . . "two years down the road". One day everyone reading this post will wake up and all of a sudden the last Natty that you saw or someone said to you that was x number of years ago. Might hear what Wartdawg says and posts . . . . Last SEC Championship 2005.

Comes a time when older folks want to see something change, and someday my Brothers, that could be YOU.

Have been through "two (2)" long term head football coaches at the University of Georgia.

Is it wrong for someone like Buc to ask for more?

Here is where I separate myself from others . . . . I try really hard to "believe". I am also long enough in the tooth to understand that I was on board for many years and the message that I hear "now" is the same message I have heard for more years than many on this board have been on the face of the Earth. At what point do I say this . . . . two or three or "one year" down the road I would love to see a repeat of the last National Championship? While that is ok for those that are under 50 years of age or so . . . . some like myself understand and recognize just exactly what is being presented by those in Athens/Classic City in 2015. Do they really understand that there are some out here in the "wilderness" that see a "repeat" of the same stuff?

Internet now has many involved in UGA Football, allow me this . . . . too many that "speak loudly" but too many that don't have a damn clue, just want to be recognized.

Just babbling, but . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds