Forum

Auburn Fan Speaks....

8 years 10 months ago #67871 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
The last 12 hours, or so, have soooooo prototypical of "The Georgia Way", that I found myself laughing several times....In what could only have been an expected, preemptive attack on we who dare question the anointed one, or his Moses like leadership, the PR machine cranked into high gear regarding the transfer of UVA's cast-off....Sad....It matters very little where you go to seek information, the Interwebz, FaceBook, Tweeter, TV, print media.....most all are joyful with this promising acquisition, blindly ignorant to the forest before them!

But the Savior arrives next year!!!!.........

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #67872 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
NC_Dawg, I am the ORIGINAL Kool-Aid drinker.

Even I know what the name of this creek is, that we are up . . .
and even I know that we are without a paddle.

And here's a scary thought . . . what if Jacob Eason flips to Notre Dame or Stanford or one of the many other schools who are out to steal him? What then?

Lambert threw 10 TDs last year against 11 INTs! OH JOY!

And we have not 1, not 2, but 3 "stud" QB's already on campus! Not one of those guys is missing his arm. What they are all (apparently) missing is a HEAD. Last I checked, it was a COACHES job to make sure a HEAD is present on those kids.

I predict we will be 3-1 going into the Alabama game. 3-2 coming out. 3-3 after Tennessee - that's right, I said that. 6-3 going into Abuurn (Missouri is as bad off as we are) and 7-5 at the end of the year. Because we suck? No. Because we won't have a QB this year.

We will play someone like . . . ironically . . . Virginia . . . in the Meineke Car Care Bowl and squeak one out. 8-5. And maybe even a contract extension for You-Know-Who. Then Eason flips. Then we're waiting until 2018 for some new young "stud" QB.

Sorry for the gloom, but this might have been avoided. Someone has already challenged me - I think it was yd1 - and it was a good point - asking which game to pull our starter and put in a kid. At this point, it may as well have been any game in the last two seasons - we weren't competing for anything either year. And now I truly fear we may not compete for anything for the next two or three.

:( :( :( :( :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 10 months ago #67873 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
thriller you are not the only one on this board and other sites that have had more than a cupful of the Kool-Aid. Did it not once but twice. Yep, shame on me.

More
8 years 10 months ago #67874 by thriller
Buc, Big Brother, I'd STILL be GUZZLIN' that stuff if we had a QB!!!!! We have the RBs. We have "good enough" WRs, and I do believe the punter can either be fixed or replaced. The D SHOULD ROCK this year. And the O-Line - even without Andrews - should BLOW D-Lines off the BALL this year. But you have to be able to complete at least a FEW passes.

I truly believe that if we had a QB, we'd be all that and a bag of chips. And don't get me wrong - I'm not saying either JP or FB can't do that job. I'm just saying that if CMR and CBS still think they have to bring in a second tier QB from a 3rd tier school (yes, I did say that), then we don't have anyone coaching QBs!!!!

Not ONE of the guys on our team who is a QB lacks an arm. Not one can't scramble in a pinch. BUT - and this must be the case - BUT- apparently not ONE of those guys is ready to perform in D1 football. And now we have Greyson Lambert, who LOST THE JOB at a 3rd tier school!!!!

Why didn't I complain last year? Because I GENUINELY BELIEVED that Brice Ramsey was all that had been sold to me. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Shame on me. Shame on UGA.

More
8 years 10 months ago #67875 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Auburn Fan Speaks....
We ALL drank! ......This is ABSOLUTELY no different then the current political debate of the "Iraq War". Yes, damn near everyone drank the war kool-aid after getting our proverbial posterior knocked in the dirt on 9/11...Some ppl may have taken advantage of that situation to push their own agenda....Sound familiar?

As long as the vast majority of the Anointed One's Sheeple are willing, ready and able to digest the annual PR onslaught, little will change. Unless, of course, something like the "savior" flipping occurs, or we repeat a loss to UF and Yeck! Otherwise it will be a mediocre season followed by another until CMR retires. The fan base has accepted 9-10 wins a season as our high benchmark....Sad, but true!

This I'm certain of....the hype and hope will build all summer long....to a feverish pitch! I'm not certain when the wheels will begin to fall off, it could be against USCe, or Bama...But off they will come....The the "backing in" PR hope and hype will begin....end 7-5 with or without a bowl win, CMR's seat will be warm but will cool immediately once the "savior" signs his LOI.....Should he flip....CMR needs to be immediately terminated! Nonetheless, we've hung our hat on "saviors" before and the last crystal ball we earned was in 1980.....

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 10 months ago #67876 by thriller
NC_Dawg, I believe those wheels will start to look wobbly against Vandy. And they will fly off the axles against the 'Cocks. At home. In front of 96,000. And then we'll look like Virginia against Alabama. And then Tennessee will take advantage of what by then will be a ruined season.

But I promise everyone this - I will come back in here and post my shame and humiliation - sincerely - if we go 5-0 to start. I'll tuck tail and admit that I know nothing about football if that happens.

But I'm not too worried about having to do that, unfortunately.

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds