Forum

Auburn Fan Speaks....

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67819 by stevedawg
Auburn Fan Speaks.... was created by stevedawg
Just reporting.

My Auburn buddy just came by. He is a student there for a few years. Of course he is from an Auburn family.

First and only thing he said is we need a new HC.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 10 months ago #67820 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Auburn community speaks....
Sux when even our competitors see what sooooo many refuse to!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67821 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn community speaks....
Find it curious that Mahogany Row can find money for raises to the coaching staff. While that is what it will take to keep others from offering better paying jobs, the Row knows where the influx of capital comes from. Deal made with Disney and there was money to spend.

McGarity was told of the amounts that UGA would receive before it was released to you and I. Acceptable.

SEC Network ratings are sky high when football is being discussed. Other sports, big drop off.

Takes me back to this, for this reason . . . . if it is not discussed on the internet, fails to get any attention from those that are supposed to be in charge.

Row can find the money for raises but cannot repair the plumbing. That in my book is a direct knock on those of us that contribute or have contributed and continually receive marketing material in the mail. Mail is for one reason . . . . send money.

Send money to give our head coach a raise?

Appears to me that your Auburn friend can see clearly, not having to listen and read what the Row has to offer . . . . both on and off the field.

As the head coach stated more than once this past year or two . . . . Bobby Bowden was much older than myself, maybe coach for many years.

Hearing a lot less of this . . . . "What will Georgia do when Mark Richt is gone"? Probably make sound football decisions, kind of decisions that 4 million dollar coaches make or should make.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #67822 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Auburn community speaks....
Other SEC fans don't get down in the dirt with Dawg stuff like we do. So when they boil it all down, it comes out we need a new HC.

PR machine can't focus on that. Their job is to chrome and polish the sausage. Packaging is everything in their world. You can't put spoiled meat in the sausage, or can you?

So, like my Auburn friend said. K.I.S.S. we need a new HC.

Just reporting the conversation. It was an eye opener.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67823 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Auburn community speaks....
Maybe we do need a new HC. Other teams have had success changing HCs. Alabama went through some trial and error, but look what eventually happened!

Same is true for Abuurn. And Florida (their trial and error happened in the '80s and again just before they hit on Urban Liar). Tennessee is still trying the old hit and miss, but it looks like they MIGHT be getting closer to a hit. Same for Arkansas. And Ole Miss. And Mississippi State. And South Carolina (I love the fact that even though the 'Cocks finally got their man, it still hasn't worked out for them).

We cry about the coaching carousel, not wanting to spin around on that one (me least of all), but times have changed. It seems like the best approach is to try for a few years with one guy - find out how much success you are going to have with him - then move on to the next guy. See if that moves the program forward - if not, cut your losses and move on.

While it's true that this method can cause years of pain ('Bama and Tennessee can tell you all about that), it's also true that it can cause National Championships, apparently sooner rather than later. I sure haven't seen one of those in the last 35 years.

Come to think of it - you know which schools could use a new HC? I'll go in order.

Georgia
Missouri (Same old HC, same old runner-up for a conference title. VERY much like UGA.)
South Carolina (The Ol' Ball Sack has done a great job to get them up to the level of mediocrity they have enjoyed recently, but he ain't getting any younger. And the clock is ticking. I'll make this prediction now - no SEC titlle, no NC this year.)
LSU (Last SEC championship and National Championship - 2007. No talent drought down there - the clock is ticking.)
Texas A&M? (Johnny Football was exciting, but no titles. Tick tock.)
Mississippi State? (think about that one - they performed a lot like some recent UGA teams last year. The clock ticks on.)
Ole Miss is okay for now, but the clock is ticking. No shortage of talent there either.
Vandy needs a new coach every year.
Kentucky needs to stick to basketball.

So come to think of it, the only teams (in my humble opinion) that don't really need new HCs would be:

Tennessee - just got one.
Florida - just got one.
Arkansas - still breaking one in.
Abuurn - breaking in the new guy - probably won't work out, in my opinion.
Arguably Ole Miss, but again - too much talent for no titles. Still has the "new coach smell" though.
Alabama - they got the best already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #67824 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Auburn community speaks....
Good post Thriller. Agree with yours coaches Having worked the Tuscaloosa area for

A number of years while they were rotating coaches. Bet in 20 minutes I could find

15 Tide fans who would say they need a new HC. They we came up short for the pass 2 years

Also the Gus Bus has to prove the wheel wobble is fixed. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds