Forum

McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .

9 years 3 months ago #66451 by growl
Replied by growl on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
Buc, UF is serious about football and intends to beat the Dawg---- out of UGA. UGA on the other hand is serious about playing footsie.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66454 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
Two more years and $800,000 a year raise,

The death knell for UGA football. :angry:

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 3 months ago #66455 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
I truly believe that Richt deserved a raise....

A raise of about 8" off the ground after someone's foot landed on his rear end for calling that ignorant pooch kick, for not running Gurley, and twice more just in general for the Florida game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66456 by Buc
Posted the paragraph below in this thread.

Georgia Football has "needed" a "major shakeup" for years. It has always been releasing from the bottom, not the top. One sure way to kill a rattlesnake, chop his head off, not his tail.

Did not mean violence. Some never understand when playing with words.

Believe most of us knew that our head coach would come away with 4 million or more.

Also said that the PR Group would at some point allow those of us that have been a part of UGA football for more years than many of them have walked the face of the Earth, understand that all is ok between the head coach and the athletic director. Sheeples fall in line for that type of PR BS. Have done so at least from 2007 and forward.

“We are very pleased with the direction of our program under Mark's leadership,” Georgia athletics director Greg McGarity said in a statement. “Mark and his staff are making significant strides in all areas of our program, and we look forward to great things in the years to come.”

"I appreciate the confidence that Greg McGarity has in the direction of our football program and how we represent the University of Georgia," Richt said. "Our staff has an outstanding work ethic and we are committed to the development of our student-athletes on and off the field."

Standard approach by Public Relations firms to "repair" a "known" personnel problem.

Lived in that world, understand the steps and "calculations" used by those that are paid handsomely for being good with words.

Quite frankly, that is what the PR department is doing, their job. This group of "speech writers" salaries rely on keeping certain personnel in key positions.

sadlerdawg said it well. Death knell. The sound of the death knell proves what has been said on this board, "all is well in the room known as Mahogany Row".

Not sure just how far the group of coaches on defense can take our football team over the next x number of years . . . . reason . . . . Leadership from the top. 2014 I was not impressed with TOP LEADERSHIP. What did Mahogany Row give us for 2015?

Believe this or not . . . . If you and I don't like what we see or hear, we keep it to ourselves, we will never see change. FACT.

“Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom.”
― Thomas Jefferson
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66457 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
What is surprising to me is that this can be said so nonchalantly:

"Mark and his staff are making significant strides in all areas of our program"

After 14+ years... hey we are making strides in the right direction!

I'm sorry... I know the current trend is to go back to thinking "wait till next season!!!"
again, but I'm not back on that train yet.

After this much time the only acceptable thing to say is that a HC has your program where it
wants to be. You can even add in that despite circumstances that caused a temporary bump that
our program is where we think it should be..... but not "we're making strides in all areas of our program".

Sorry, but if we need to "make strides" in all areas of our program, then someone has been
asleep at the wheel for the past 14+ years....

but hey.. .he's woken up now!!! and wait till next year!!

Sorry guys, but again... I'm through buying into this nonsense, and I'm going to call it
as I see it and read between the lines when the PR machine starts yapping. Funny thing is..if you can see between the lines, the truth is there. The truth in this case meaning our firmly
entrenched longest tenured coach in the SEC have been making strides! It's really just too bad that after all of these years, these strides have yet to arrive at much of anything of consequence. In fact, looking at just our strides since 2007... we must have been walking backwards.

So hey...let's give him 2 more years and a bunch more money because he's finally figured out
what direction we should be headed.

Nice

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, growl

More
9 years 3 months ago #66458 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
What we need to realize is their(mahogany row,m&m) goals are not our(fans) goals. We want a champion caliber team with leadership that can lead us to win the games that we are capable of winning.They want the $$$$ to keep a flowing, so they put a product out that is widely acceptable, doesn't have to be the best product as long as it sales great. As we heard this year 10 wins is the magic number and when we reach that they are happy because that gets them the biggest selling point of all and that is hope. As y'all have said just look at the wording. UGA is headed in the right direction, Finished in the top ten, Projected to be ranked in the top 10 at the start of next year,Top 5 recruiting class. You don't have to look far to find the hope they are selling, but for me I have had a belly full.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, averagedawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds