Forum

McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .

9 years 3 months ago #66409 by Buc
Referred to in several places as Leadership?

Reminds me of the IRS investigation.

Promise everyone that there is a lot going on with the "lack of Leadership" the public relations folks are trying to "repair".

Have not seen a photo as yet of the head coach and athletic director shaking hands or standing side by side, huge smiles on their faces. Depending on personalities and ruptured feelings.

I am no different than most that post here. It does go back to what Wartdawg and stevedawg had to say about being a "part of", in my mind that is being true to ones self, not what is being "pumped" through the PR Pipeline".

Research is a very good way to "frame an issue", if there is one. We have "issues" at UGA requiring "Leadership" that has been and still is missing.

Whether folks agree or disagree, those of us "outide the arena" have the attention of those that "are in the arena". Speaking for myself, don't intend to allow those in the arena to continue without being questioned. When questions are necessary . . . . and they are.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66413 by Buc
Plucked below from SBNation. Highlighted in bold type what I consider an interesting comment, then my thoughts move to Bryan McClendon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're headed in the general direction of National Signing Day, and you'll notice a real shift toward recruiting coverage here in the next couple of weeks, starting this afternoon and evening with a couple of features on some names to know as we near the big day. But until then, let's take a look at some other topics of note for those who bleed red and black:

Rob Sale and the new Georgia Way math | Get The Picture
The Senator has a nice take on what new offensive line coach Rob Sale's eye-opening salary says about how business is now being done in Athens. I tend to concur with the Senator's analysis, but would add one more point. I believe Sale's salary (nearly seven times what he was making at McNeese State and well above Will Friend's package) is also meant to send a message to Sale, that Coach Richt doesn't view him as a steal of a deal, but as a valued commodity. It feels good to have people pay you more than you could command on the open market at present because they believe you're worth it. It's the kind of thing that people remember, and as the Senator hints it's the kind of thing that doesn't go unnoticed in a surprisingly small professional community, of which college football coaching is one.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66430 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
"So for starters, is he being given a "title adjustment" aka "business card"? Any explanation for "Assistant Head Coach"? What exactly does that mean?

I realize that you said . . . . I love BMc and he is extremely valuable to UGA but the fact remains (above in your quote) he is the "RC and RB's coach".....not an OC. Pay scale difference is there at every school.

Did notice that "Assistant Head Coach" was not in the above statement. Probably just a "slip".

Think this is a good start if you want to continue . . . . I do have more"

Buc, BMc's designation as Assistant HC means zero imo. The "title" on my business card is a great "atta boy".....doesn't mean one thing or make me another dime.

BMc's designation was intended to be a pacifier imo.

Btw, don't care about a long discussion on this to waste your time or mine. I'm actually in the same corner with you on BMc.....a DGD and want the best for him/UGA.

Simply stating in the system of CF today, an OC will always make more than a RB coach/Recruiting coordinator.....that's my only point. BMc will get to be a OC sooner than later SOMEWHERE.....that's the sad part.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago #66431 by Buc
wlayton, you and I differ on some things, would also say that is a very good thing. Two deeply rooted Georgia supporters, and as long as our "open conversation" on any subject without the "language" getting involved, means a lot to this board.

This might prove to be wrong but . . . . there is change going on in the "system" and if we (UGA) want to stop talking about "next year" or what our coaches make or don't make, apparently "change" was and is needed.

Jeremy Pruitt signing on with Georgia, never will I believe that "he believed" he would in his second year in Athens make 1.3 million in annual salary. That is a change that I believe will change the direction of UGA football. Basically takes away the argument that we won't change our practice of being somewhere in the middle of the pack on the wage scale.

While I know that wages are very important, been down that road, there is also an accountability factor that in my opinion has been a yoke around our neck. Jeremy Pruitt's raise, not a business card, will "pay dividends" to those of us that have "been down that road".

My sincere hope is that our head coach has finally come to grips with the facts as "they are". He has been the face of Georgia football going into his 15th year. The business world that you are in would never allow that to continue.

End with this. Georgia Football has "needed" a "major shakeup" for years. It has always been releasing from the bottom, not the top. One sure way to kill a rattlesnake, chop his head off, not his tail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66449 by growl
Replied by growl on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
Two more years and $800,000 a year raise, are you kidding me?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66450 by Buc
Chief, what really makes me look twice is the extension. Most or many of these head coaches and #1 and #2 assistants are now in the salary range that they can "pay out and get out".

Bothersome to me is the "Group" saying "like it" or "lump it". Again Chief growl, "they" are not "tone deaf" . . . . they believe that come the 2015 SEC schedule starting, we (you and I) are "totally deaf".

FLORIDA WILL HAVE A INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY BEFORE GEORGIA DOES.

Anyone remember the statement from McGarity that Georgia only has x number of days when a facility is needed . . . . I do.

University of Georgia, trying to tie this in . . . . has the money for coaches raises and more than enough for the IPF.

Press Release today, just another step for those that "still" do not understand the "Group" is feeding the media knowing that many of the UGA folks will "smile, fall in line" and wait for the next "Group Release". Don't believe that . . . . check every site available on Georgia football, every one of those that post day after day, carry the same message. I will post one link that I figure most on this board view most days.

Will add this. This board has several folks that are head and shoulders above those that read here but don't post here. They sometimes "pluck" some thoughts from this board and then go to their sites and change only the wording.

I can name those that go into detail on this board (board members), and guess what, the serious posters on this site don't have to have a "PRESS RELEASE". I said that and it is the truth, absolute truth.

thedawgbone.com/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds