Forum

McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66372 by Buc
Start with this. If each of us had a choice to pay the new offensive coordinator what he started with, then looking at the many accomplishments of Bryan McClendon, which one of the two would any of us want to keep if we had to choose one.

In my mind, we gave one of the very best recruiters in college football another big time slice of the "Georgia Way". His recruiting is not limited to a particular position, whether offense or defense. Easy enough for anyone to look at the years McClendon has recruited and the different positions those that signed with Georgia played and went on to bigger and better things. Look for yourself, it is there in black and white.

Another time those that control everything have fumbled, and that is not only my opinion so I can't give the, IMHO thing that is often used, by myself also. Not this time.

First recruiting move of the new offensive coordinator was to sit with a quarterback. OK.

Could go through a list of those that have worn the Red and Black, played many different positions and proves that those in control of the purse strings don't have a clue. They don't understand or care about the one person on the coaching staff that has been responsible for the 9/10 wins under this head coach. Bryan is a very busy coach, and in my opinion working for the wrong folks.

Recently, with the possible departure of Pruitt, funds became available for our Defensive Coordinator, that IMHO is one of the reasons that Mark Richt had his dander up during preparation for the Belk Bowl. Coming to find out that it was more than the mishandling of Mike Bobo and Will Friend, Pruitt was ready to leave the head coach on that "island alone".

Want to be sure that I have the numbers right.

Bryan McClendon - Assistant Head Coach, Recruiting Coordinator, Running Backs Coach, $350,000.

Brian Schottenheimer - Offensive Coordinator, Quarterback Coach, $950,000.

$600,000 difference in the pay scale? Hell no I don't understand the numbers or accept them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66375 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
Go figure. McScrouge math.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 3 months ago #66377 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
"Bryan McClendon - Assistant Head Coach, Recruiting Coordinator, Running Backs Coach, $350,000.

Brian Schottenheimer - Offensive Coordinator, Quarterback Coach, $950,000"

Buc, let me 1st be clear, I totally understand where you are coming from but his stature in the coaching ranks versus Schottenheimer is no different than in any business imo.

I love BMc and he is extremely valuable to UGA but the fact remains (above in your quote) he is the "RC and RB's coach".....not an OC. Pay scale difference is there at every school.

You see it in the hierarchy structure of any business whether public corp, sports and many other areas.

CEO versus Pres versus Regional mgr versus sales rep etc etc.....even a PGA player versus his caddy, who is huge to the player in his success but makes 1/10th of the players winnings.

Offensive coordinators will always make MUCH more money than a RC/RB's coach and they also have more responsibility and pressure to perform.....again, much more.

The answer would have had to promote BMc to OC and was he ready yet versus an experienced OC like Schott?.....I have no clue but at the juncture the UGA team is AT presently, I wouldn't be guessing or going out on a limb about a DC or an OC.....

Pay BMc more, I would love to see that but he doesn't warrant OC pay until he gets to that level.

Catch-22?

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 3 months ago #66380 by Buc
wlayton, promise you that I will pursue this conversation further. At the moment, have some things to take care of.

Much to be said after reading what you posted above.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66382 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic McGarity and Group Fumbled Again . . . .
Always look forward to your comments.

Not trying to be confrontational, just exploring facts of pay scales etc.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
9 years 3 months ago #66383 by Buc
wlayton, all of us have opinions, maybe some (me) more than others.

Opposing views are just that. Internet would be a very quiet place if everyone agreed.

On this issue, you and I can have a lively discussion.

General Douglas McArthur's famous words when forced off of the Phillipines in WWII . . . . "I shall return".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds