Forum

Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike

9 years 5 months ago #64848 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic In state (hate) dislike
Another thing that I often think about ogredawg.

Those that do seemingly always play the "next years team" BS.

It's as if the other SEC teams will not improve, we can't get every player in the country that is rated as a #1. Georgia gets more than most if we look at some years in the last 14.

We can look back at 6 and 8 win seasons and then check the recruiting after those years. Dismal.

We have the players needed, some teams with different head coaches would love to have our players.

From where I sit, too many rah-rah folks that don't first off "know" or "realize" what has gone on in Athens for 14 years.

As you say ogredawg, more than once, as has some that "understand" . . . . someone please explain to me 1st down on the four yard line and . . . .

Can we blame the players for that? We can get real and check our past not just the 1st down on the four yard line, one of many head coaching miscues. Mark Richt is the final say, whether he over rules Mike Bobo's calls or not. Mark Richt is not a "stand up guy", proved that after the game in JAX. Have a vault full of Richt calls that make no damn sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64849 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
Play the next game and win it.
Make the bell ring ALL NIGHT LONG!
Go Dawgs!

Added later:
The record between the two teams is 64 Georgia wins, 40 Georgia Tech wins, and 5 ties. Georgia Tech's longest winning streak, and the longest in the series, was eight games from 1949–1956. Georgia's longest winning streak in the series was seven straight games from 1991 to 1997 and again from 2001 to 2007. Georgia won the most recent game in the series on November 30, 2013 with a thrilling 41-34 2OT victory at Bobby Dodd Stadium. They now lead the series 64-40-5. The victor wins the Governor's Cup

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64850 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic In state (hate) dislike

Buc wrote: someone please explain to me 1st down on the four yard line and . . . .

There is NO explaining it.

TG was the best player on the team and on first down from the 4 we decided to not use.... our best player.

Then it's second from the 9.... you can't have a crucial drive like this and not give it to TG at all, but 3rd and long is a hard carry for even your best player. So realistically you have to give TG a chance and you have to do it now. SC knows this as well and keys on Gurley, stuffing the play.

Now it's 3rd and long and a Gurley (our best player) run option is off the table. Our stupid, stupid, playcalling effectively took TG out of the entire play series unless he could have made a run when the entire D was keying on him.

Of course if you run him on 1st... a) Ya.. know.. he's your best player.. so you've got that going for you...
b) even if he's stuffed... your best player, TG is a real viable option on a 2nd and goal from the 4 or closer. In fact... TG up the middle is a viable threat on every play if you shove him up the middle on your first down.

There was NO excuse for doing anything else. NONE. I know you don't expect to be 2nd from the 9 after that 1st down stupid play, but who do you trust to give you a favorable 2nd down?? Gurley... the team's best player, or Mason who probably isn't even the best QB on our roster??

It was a stupid, stupid, call.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 5 months ago #64851 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic In state (hate) dislike
Wartdawg, hard for me at this point to concentrate heavily on Tech. Yesterdays game did not seem to arouse a lot of chatter. Win or lose against Tech at this point would not make any difference as to whether we would line up in ATL and probably play Alabama.

Always want to beat Tech, but from where I sit, Florida is our biggest rival, and has been for a long time. All anyone has to do is look back when all of the crying was going on about the gators kicking our butts, and . . . . they did it again.

Have pretty much moved on, paying attention to our recruiting and who is getting the job done. So far, Pruitt/McClendon are doing a superb job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64852 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic In state (hate) dislike
Steve you can change anything you like just don't Ban me!!
:laugh:

Steve:just tweaking the content but not changing the meaning. I thought the joke with (hate)dislike language was funny. :laugh:

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64857 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
Anyone got a quick take on the winning strategy?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds