Forum

Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64908 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

Dawg With Style wrote: Who wants to win the sec east by another team losing.

Everybody in that locker room and 95% of the fan base.

Do you think that the only legitimate Division title is 8-0? Because if you don't go unbeaten, whoever beat you has to lose at least twice and everyone else has to lose at least once.

You better believe that Nick Saban's not going to apologize for the fact that Mississippi had to lose twice for them to get in if they beat Auburn this week.

BINGO!!! Not everyone's preference but I'll take getting to Atlanta any way that I can.

.....so will any other team in the SEC...

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, TN Dawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64910 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
Backing in to the SEC East has been the CMR way the past several years....might as well get used to it

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64911 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike

ogredawg wrote: Backing in to the SEC East has been the CMR way the past several years....might as well get used to it

By the definitions on this board the last team NOT to back into the SECCG is LSU in 2011. The last SEC East team NOT to back into the SECCG is Florida in 2009.

Like I said before, I doubt Alabama's coaches, players and fans are really concerned about the fact that somebody else had to beat Mississippi for them to "back" into this year's SECCG. Actually two somebody elses.

Whatever, we could do this dance forever. If Mizzou loses on Friday it will be the third SECCG in four years for Georgia. That's really the bottom line.

And besides, shouldn't we be talking about the Jackets in this thread?
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64912 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

ogredawg wrote: Backing in to the SEC East has been the CMR way the past several years....might as well get used to it

By the definitions on this board the last team NOT to back into the SECCG is LSU in 2011. The last SEC East team NOT to back into the SECCG is Florida in 2009.

Like I said before, I doubt Alabama's coaches, players and fans are really concerned about the fact that somebody else had to beat Mississippi for them to "back" into this year's SECCG. Actually two somebody elses.

Whatever, we could do this dance forever. If Mizzou loses on Friday it will be the third SECCG in four years for Georgia. That's really the bottom line.

And besides, shouldn't we be talking about the Jackets in this thread?

You are so right imo. We are a "bottom line" world. We judge everything basically by the bottom line.....especially coaches....again, especially coaches.

Imo, we are seeing more parity in college football today and the days of going undefeated will be remote going forward, especially in the SEC.

Get me to Atlanta then beat GT.....while not my ideal scenario, believe it will become more the norm in the SEC, even for the mighty BAMA.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #64915 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
Betcha Spurrier would love to figure out how to back into one, guarantee you he'd take it and smile

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64917 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
would be nice to win one out right for a change but be satisfied with the possible East and 9-3/8-4 seasons

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds