Forum

Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64876 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
Pruitt/Rocker are the real deal. They'll get their players and develope a top 5 D over the next 2 years.

Interestingly enough and arguably the strongest part of this year's team is the OL. They have been very good imo, so good that we have become almost one dimensional and still average well over 40 points per game....speaks for itself.

Imo, GT will have trouble moving the ball with 7, 84, 59, 51 and 52 consistantly in the ballgame together. Too much speed and athleticism for GT, cut blocks included.

Even with CTG there, GT had trouble moving the ball against our speed on D. I'm a little more worried about their QB throwing on us after play action. He throws the ball pretty well.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64877 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
Have watched some video on Justin Thomas, young man had a lot of offers including Alabama and many other SEC schools. Grew up a Bama fan, Nick Saban shot straight with Justin, was not going to play quarterback for the Crimson Tide.

Allow me this wlayton. In my mind after reading and watching Justin Thomas, pictured Faton Bauta running that same offense had he attended Tech or Auburn or any triple option team. Will stop there except to say this, Faton Bauta is not a quitter, young man is a football player way above average with his strength and gray matter.

Looking at who appears to be #1 QB in 2015, Ramsey, plus Jacob Park, and incoming QB in 2016 Jacob Eason, don't see any room for "triple option QB's."

If I am a wide receiver, or a very talented offensive lineman, Georgia is going to be hard to pass up. Running backs will always find their way to Athens, has been that way for most years since football started in the Classic City.

Still want to see some "changes" but that is not up to me. Going to say this again, I sincerely hope that our head coach does the "media stuff" and leaves the coaching to those that are committed to doing just that.

This day and time, it is almost impossible to take care of the media and "other" things that require a full time person, that more and more belongs to the head coach. Will stop with this . . . . Richt take care of the "front end" leave the coaches alone to do what they do. You hired them, allow them to do their jobs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 5 months ago #64878 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
Buc once again thanks for all the leg work you do...always a sharp focus on who and what to

Watch for. On the subject of class of 2015 OL..... word here is by NSD you well get your

Wish....

Still have a name out there who we will flip to the Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64879 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike

Buc wrote: Have watched some video on Justin Thomas, young man had a lot of offers including Alabama and many other SEC schools. Grew up a Bama fan, Nick Saban shot straight with Justin, was not going to play quarterback for the Crimson Tide.

Allow me this wlayton. In my mind after reading and watching Justin Thomas, pictured Faton Bauta running that same offense had he attended Tech or Auburn or any triple option team. Will stop there except to say this, Faton Bauta is not a quitter, young man is a football player way above average with his strength and gray matter.

Looking at who appears to be #1 QB in 2015, Ramsey, plus Jacob Park, and incoming QB in 2016 Jacob Eason, don't see any room for "triple option QB's."

If I am a wide receiver, or a very talented offensive lineman, Georgia is going to be hard to pass up. Running backs will always find their way to Athens, has been that way for most years since football started in the Classic City.

Still want to see some "changes" but that is not up to me. Going to say this again, I sincerely hope that our head coach does the "media stuff" and leaves the coaching to those that are committed to doing just that.

This day and time, it is almost impossible to take care of the media and "other" things that require a full time person, that more and more belongs to the head coach. Will stop with this . . . . Richt take care of the "front end" leave the coaches alone to do what they do. You hired them, allow them to do their jobs.

Buc, I think CMR is doing just that.......

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64883 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
wlayton my problem with the way things are being handled in Athens goes back to coach after coach. They have this thing about getting all or most of the attention because they are the head coach.

VD was a prime example of stepping on coaches, keeping them in the shadows. He had one problem that still many of us older folks refuse to accept. That of course was preventing Erk from becoming the head coach a Georgia. All we have to do is look at those that followed after VD left. Not impressive at all.

What I am seeing a lot of now through reviewing what has happened in the past is . . . . For some reason Mark Richt cannot have anyone on the defensive side of the ball get "too much" praise. Happened with BVG, what happened, BVG gone. Whether I care for grantham does not make or break this football team that we all share. Again, unable to get along with the defensive coach.

If we look closer, Mark Richt appointed his college buddy to the position of defensive coordinator. What do I think the reason for that was, past friendship, he could control Willie Martinez. Willie remained on the job until the fan base crawled all over Mark Red, thus the "hot seat" talk that became serious.

Now we have another group of strong headed defensive coaches, and already I can see some of the same "Richtisms" popping their ugly head up. At some point, which will not be too far down the line, I will point some "Richtisms" out to the board, probably a few already know some of what I am referring to.

OK, back to Tech. Falls in line with what is being said in some places. grantham took Tech's highly touted offense and gave them a spanking. Pruitt has shown through half time leadership that he can get his side of the ball in the right position to play the second half. Check the Auburn game if there is doubt. Tech is doing basically the same thing that Auburn is doing, actually Tech has been running the same type offense longer than Gus Malzahn at Auburn.

Some coach primarily for money and fame, others love the game and address it that way.

Edit . . . .
I get a chuckle out of some sites that talk about this "preparing for Georgia Tech stuff". Two games back Pruitt/Rocker and Company had a "live game" contest against Auburn that runs virtually the same plays. Nothing fancy coming from Tech, they line up, cut block and move on to the next play. Pruitt loves that. Keep Tech off away from the "edges" and they are in serious trouble from the git-go. #84 needs to read this. #7 same thing. Herrera and Wilson love to hit in the middle.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64884 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Clean Old Fashion (Hate) Dislike
If the same basic scheme is used on the D side of the ball as was used against Aubuurn the front seven should get Tech to turn the ball over. That is a big weakness with Tech this year they FUMBLE the ball ALOT. We are quick off the ball and that should disrupt Tech and allow our quickness on D to take over the game and cause turnovers which is our major strength on D this year...we go after the ball and get it back to our 0 in good position to put points on the board...it will be game over for Tech...contain the edge and stuff the middle...IMHO

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds