Forum

Auburn Game Day Thread

9 years 5 months ago #64658 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Auburn Game Day Thread
Think those that enjoy watching defense might not like this game. Two high powered offenses going at it tonight.

Think we will win on a last second Marshall Morgan FG.

Todd gurley is back. I for one am happy we get to see this guy run for a few more games.

Hutson should have a very good game, I would be looking Mitchell's way a lot tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64659 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn Game Day Thread

BullDawg2010 wrote: Think those that enjoy watching defense might not like this game. Two high powered offenses going at it tonight.

Think we will win on a last second Marshall Morgan FG.

Todd gurley is back. I for one am happy we get to see this guy run for a few more games.

Hutson should have a very good game, I would be looking Mitchell's way a lot tonight.

BullDawg2010, totally agree that Mitchell, Conley, Bennett, Blazevich can make a difference in the way Auburn plays us.

If the last game against Kentucky is any indication of Hutson Mason's abilities, will make me feel warm and fuzzy all over. Believe that "touch" is the name of the game tonight.

Something that really surprises me is the way that Rome "has not played". Little like #84 on the defensive side of the ball. Huge talent, little "team play".

Folks, that is not ugly, I refuse to come to this board, this game and make believe that everything is going to be better. Say this, again . . . . Mark Richt is not good in games like this. I sincerely hope that we win, I have a problem going against "history". History is not on our head coaches side. If I had to, could post games we have played and lost against lesser talent. Will post one . . . . Georgia/UCF in Memphis.

Here is a question about the game tonight.

Will this game be won by OFFENSIVE PLAY or DEFENSIVE PLAY? Actually it is easy to take the "middle road" . . . . the real question is as stated above. Separates the posters from those that understand the game, prior to the kickoff.

I will start . . . . Game starts and ends with "coaching". Not a trick question, a honest look at our football team . . . . top to bottom. Yes, players play, COACHES COACH.

Did not mention Special Teams, maybe tonight we will see. Another area in my mind that has not been "attended to".

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64660 by Buc
Of course I don't know if you folks have watched the South Carolina/gator game.

Steve Spurrier and his team walked away with a win against the gators today in the . . . . . "SWAMP". Not JAX, the "SWAMP".

Tonight we play Auburn "Between the HEDGES".

Do I think "coaching" has anything to do with winning and losing football games, YEP.

At some point "OUR HEAD COACH" has to step up and prove that GEORGIA can play with "rated" teams.

Say again, I hope we beat the "spit" out of the team from Auburn. Anyone think that our defense or offense cannot compete?

What do we (UGA) need to do differently that we have done in prior games against "rated teams"?

Not going to leave it with the last line. We need for every "coach" on our football team to step us as the group in Auburn has done.

If we cannot beat the #9 rated team in the polls, how can we continue to say we belong in the top ten? Not a question in my mind that Georgia's head coach has to do more than has been done in the past . . . . against "real competition".

More
9 years 5 months ago #64662 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Auburn Game Day Thread

Buc wrote: Of course I don't know if you folks have watched the South Carolina/gator game.

Steve Spurrier and his team walked away with a win against the gators today in the . . . . . "SWAMP". Not JAX, the "SWAMP".

Tonight we play Auburn "Between the HEDGES".

Do I think "coaching" has anything to do with winning and losing football games, YEP.

At some point "OUR HEAD COACH" has to step up and prove that GEORGIA can play with "rated" teams.

Say again, I hope we beat the "spit" out of the team from Auburn. Anyone think that our defense or offense cannot compete?

What do we (UGA) need to do differently that we have done in prior games against "rated teams"?

Not going to leave it with the last line. We need for every "coach" on our football team to step us as the group in Auburn has done.

If we cannot beat the #9 rated team in the polls, how can we continue to say we belong in the top ten? Not a question in my mind that Georgia's head coach has to do more than has been done in the past . . . . against "real competition".

Don't pretend like it's just another game. Pull out all the stops getting your team psyched and with x's and o's. "Even keel" and "one game at a time" are for baseball coaches. Football requires "fire".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64663 by Buc
dawgs_fans_dad said . . . . Football requires "fire".

Nuff said.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64664 by Buc
Cannot leave the above post without this . . . .

Is it that we need fire in our bellies, or could it be that we need to be "coached up"?

Game is close, little after 7 p.m. with this post.

Will be interesting to see what the "committee" has to say about the Mississippi State defeat? How far do they drop? How far does Ohio State rise". Many thought I was off base some months back about questioning the M&M "stuff". Check in Tuesday of the upcoming week and see how this turn of events plays out.

Go Dawgs. Now we play a team that is supposed to be a top ten talent. Where are we? Just asking.

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds