Forum

Auburn Game Day Thread

9 years 5 months ago #64691 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Auburn Game Day Thread
I love Sunday morning after a win like this. Wake up and smell the sweet smell of victory. Georgia Bulldog style.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #64693 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Auburn Game Day Thread
Great victory. I admit I did not think it possible. So glad I was wrong. Proud of our team especially our D. AU only scored on their first drive.

I was about to go off when it looked like we were going to kick field goal on our first drive. Then to score a TD. Everything was going our way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64695 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn Game Day Thread
Nick Chubb another one on a "short list" of young men that let their play speak for them, not a lot of BS from him. Think it is referred to as the "strong, silent type."

Have read many articles from those that are "in the know" about certain players skill sets. Over and over I have read where Nick Chubb is a down hill runner, not a "wiggle" guy. BS. Chubb is an athlete with a skill set that is not often seen. Anyone that has the time to write an article on Chubb's skill set, take the time to watch last nights game and tell me and others that he has "no wiggle" to his game.

Takes me to this . . . . Sony Michel. Same group of writers say that Sony Michel is a "wiggle" guy. True dat. How is it that "they" are missing the strength he shows between the tackles. What "they" are missing is how "fast" Sony hits the hole, eliminates many of the hard licks that other backs take, again, between the tackles.

Football knowledge is not repeating what others say, it is through study, paying attention to what is being done by those that some like to "tag" with their lack of understanding. Leads to the "clicks" that insure they are working on Monday morning. I said that.

Going to say this and it is not kissing anyones butt on this board. There are many that do "understand". Not going to name names. There are also some that are not quite as "schooled" as others, but the beauty of that . . . . they do not hide behind what they "do not know". Said that too.

Wonder if the 10th Street bunch like what they saw coming from our Dawgs on the defensive side last night? Auburn "was" noted for their running game, looking forward to the "game" between the Hedges.

Also, ogredawg, so right about #84 playing the "star". Another building block that Pruitt possesses. Truly believes in players knowing different schemes and how to play them.

Steve mentioned that there were 64 recruits on site last night. They got to see what we have wanted to see this season and others. Georgia played their butts off last night. Who would have thought that Auburn's first score would be their last? No me.

Just for the heck of it . . . . Steve Spurrier removed the smile from Muschamp's face yesterday and replaced it with the one he normally wears. I have zero sympathy for anyone that would say the things he has said in the Sunshine State about the university that gave him a chance to show he is not all that at this point. Going to add this . . . . you heard it here first. If "if" Muschamp is released by the gators, he will be hired by Steve Spurrier to run his defense. Said that also.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64696 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Auburn Game Day Thread
The video below picked up from youtube. The young man being interviewed is going to sign a lucrative contract with the NFL. He will also end up being All-Pro, I believe that.

Appears some are beginning to catch on about the "need" for offensive linemen. Ask Gurley, Chubb, Michel and others. They will give a "quick one liner" . . . . Hell yes!

Do know that there were some offensive linemen in the group of 64 in Athens for the game.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64697 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Auburn Game Day Thread
Chubb is a bad man no doubt but Sony has it all said this before.

enjoy the butt whipping and today going to be cold an crapy here after today.

Great group of Real dawgs here

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64698 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Auburn Game Day Thread

thriller wrote: Looks like the ACC Commissioner placed a call to Miami and is getting the outcome he wanted.

Yeah.... Shame-us Winston shouldn't be playing, but considering Disney and co. had that team on it's prime-time schedule for about 8 games this year.... so no way Shame-us was not going to be around for all of those games.

Hell we're lucky that Disney needed us for a prime-time game this week or Gurley may have been ruled ineligible for the entire year.

hate to say it, but it also looks like Mike Slive might have placed a call to College Station and got the outcome HE wanted - I don't think Slive wants a team from the East in the Championship game that has a chance of knocking the entire conference out of the playoffs. I say that, because I do not believe Mizzou will fare NEARLY as well in Atlanta as UGA would have. It'll be 'Bama in the final four now, for sure.

Maybe he did make that call, but we did that to ourselves with 2 unforgivable performances.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds