Forum

Auburn Game Day Thread

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64652 by ogredawg
Auburn Game Day Thread was created by ogredawg
Once again as always please keep all post about tonites game here.

Ahhhh it is Aubuurn game time. What more can be said than already has been said.

The South's oldest rivalry (and 1 of colleges footballs oldest)

Dislike Aubuurn just as much as the gaytors maybe even more. This will be the best offense we have faced all year. Marshall is a talented QB and has proven that he is a winner and has put his past transgressions behind him and has become a fine football player. Makes me wonder what if things were different at UGA with him....but I digress...

Pruitt better have his players prepared or it will be a long night and we do not have the QB that can pull us out of a hole early on...we cannot play match up TD football with this Aubuurn team. WE HAVE to STOP them and it is up to Pruitt and his D to keep them out of the end zone...can this D finally rise to the occasion and play a COMPLETE game? The offense has proven that they can play a complete game, it is now the D's turn...Bobo better be prepared for a close game and PLAY TO WIN if close and leading...if we sit on the ball with the lead Aubuurn will take advantage big time...game boils down to which team is better prepared...

My confidence is low that our D can match up with the Aubuurn 0 and my football instinct says we lose this one by 2 touchdowns...but...my heart says Marshall Morgan and special teams step up and......

the Dawgs win by 3 late...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64653 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Aubuurn Game Day Thread
TG-3 damn I can't wait!!!!!!

GO DAWGS I WANT TO WIN bragging rights all year for me.

dlvr.it/7W1s1s

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64654 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Aubuurn Game Day Thread
Good Morning ogredawg.

Tonight we find out if our defensive breakdowns are because of personnel or coaching. This is a much better rushing offense than the gators have/had. More twists and turns in the Auburn offense.

Anyone for the Red and Black playing "ME" ball on the defense, going to cause serious problems for the "TEAM" players. Gus is quick to spot a weakness. Very good at halftime changes. Could say something ugly here, won't.

Usually against many or most teams there is a particular area that can be found watching film produces results if . . . . gators did just that against #84. While he has had many good games, there is no reason to accept what he "did not do" in the gator game.

As for Jeremy Pruitt. I won't accept he does not know how to coach the defense or game plan for the opposing offense. Young pup too good and tutored well in his climb to where he is now. Can he get the existing players to "play", find out between the Hedges tonight. There have been players that left because they/he could not take coaching, knew everything. He does not have a big head he has a "stoppid head" in that area.

Last thing on Pruitt (for now). Did not take him any time to boot the "stoopd head". Did not take him any time to sit #84.

I still stand by the fact that Pruitt has been around champions and championships. Can he do it here? Took Erk a long time to win a championship. Think maybe it has to do with the coach at the top? Just asking.

Little doubt that we will test the Auburn secondary tonight. If our offensive line has the "attitude" necessary, this group of running backs will take the fight to Auburn. Ball control a big thing against teams like Auburn, Orgeon, TCU and others.

Punting, don't have a clue, another mistake made in recruiting. I watch some young fellows down my way in high school that could walk on at Georgia and punt tomorrow. Fact.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up, those looking for NFL entrance, flush the "ME" down the toilet prior to game time. Auburn will show up, and play.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64655 by Buc
Then there is this to think about on the defensive coaching side.

Rocker didn't do so bad himself at Auburn. He was a two-time All-American, the SEC player of the year in 1988 and won the Outland and Lombardi trophies. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2004.

Rocker not only played the game at the highest level, might be in the fortune cookies that he is now in Athens.

While he has been silent as far as the press goes, guarantee he is not silent on the practice field. Same can be said for Pruitt, feel we have "two peas in a pod" that are here to coach, not chew gum and low rate others.

Quite frankly, Mike Bobo was coaching from the sideline prior to grantham arriving. Take from that what you will.

Mike Thornton is glad to have Rocker as his coach, now gets playing time. Thornton has looked really good to me. Think some of the run problems have been linebackers not closing quick enough.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64656 by Buc
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64657 by OldSouthDawg
Replied by OldSouthDawg on topic Aubuurn Game Day Thread
It's GAME DAY YALL!!!!! I think the Dawgs will get some payback today and win this one 42 to 38. GATA DAWGS!!!!!

Once A DAWG Always A DAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds