Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63601 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic NO CONFIRMATION !!!
CMR has to react quickly. If you don't and keep playing him the NCAA is going to REALLY hit UGA with penalties if they found proof.....

and you know the NCAA would just LOVE to have more reason to come down on GEORGIA.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63606 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic NO CONFIRMATION !!!
Agreed!...Nothing more embarrassing than vacating wins due to complicity. CMR has a history of quick and often punitive response to issues involving eligibility.

Heard an interesting twist on this story today...Apparently there is, in fact, some Georgia (State of) legalese involving the inducement of student athletes and the statements made by the memorabilia dealer make it clear that he not only induced TG, but may have actually crossed the coercion/embezzlement threshold by his actions....THIS may be the reason he grabbed high power counsel!

Factor in the recent court ruling involving this very matter and GurleyGate may be the straw that breaks the NCAA's hold on this highly hypocritical issue!

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #63608 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NO CONFIRMATION !!!
WHAT HE SAID . . . .^ ^ ^ ^ ^

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63650 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NO CONFIRMATION !!!

NC_Dawg wrote: Agreed!...Nothing more embarrassing than vacating wins due to complicity. CMR has a history of quick and often punitive response to issues involving eligibility.

Heard an interesting twist on this story today...Apparently there is, in fact, some Georgia (State of) legalese involving the inducement of student athletes and the statements made by the memorabilia dealer make it clear that he not only induced TG, but may have actually crossed the coercion/embezzlement threshold by his actions....THIS may be the reason he grabbed high power counsel!

Factor in the recent court ruling involving this very matter and GurleyGate may be the straw that breaks the NCAA's hold on this highly hypocritical issue!

GO DAWGS!!!!

More reading and research brought me back to this post. Reading the comments to the article below, think I have said this before . . . . Miss the way college football was played many years back, although back in the day there were "handshakes". I also realize that times have changed. Regardless of what any of us think, I go along with the notion that basically every D1 University that has "recognizable" athletes are going to face this issue. My opinion again, the NCAA was castrated the day that the present President was sworn in to his million dollar job.

Anyone that thinks the "uprising" by the athletes at Northwestern was going to stop with the one action . . . . guess we see now that there is more to come. A lot more.

One step closer . . . . college football is recognized as being "professional".

Comments to the article are to say the least, interesting to read, regardless of which side one takes.

www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/16/s...lina-paid-autographs

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63651 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Meanwhile.....

We continue to sit Mr. Gurley as we can't risk it, but Winston plays on at FSU without a care in the world.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63653 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Wartdawg, we saw the outcome of the NCAA and Miami battle, or lack of same.

Right or wrong, Miami stood and fought the NCAA, see pretty much the same going on with Jimbo Fisher and the administration at FSU.

Anyone think that Jimbo Fisher's standing up for Jameis Winston will have any effect on FSU recruiting, if anything, no probation to FSU, Jimbo Fisher will be anointed the "man to play for". I know how it works.

Amazing how Jimbo Fisher knows "nothing". Mark Richt, I doubt not that he as most D1 head coaches "see things". Impossible not to. Not knocking Richt's way of handling the "situation" . . . . why? Because he knows. I said that.

Watched the NCAA and its ruling on Southern California.

Ohio State was probably the most criminal acting in their intentions to get a slap on the wrist from the NCAA.

Guess the point I am trying to make is one that I have referred to on this board, often . . . . Where is the Leadership?

Emmert is quick to stand before the public and make a case for HIMSELF to keep his annual pay. For what?

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds