Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63662 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
AllDawgs5, much to agree on in your post.

Will say this . . . . Leadership has "many different faces". Believe that to be one of your strongest points in the post, that is how I interpreted what I consider a very honest post.

One thing on the Arkansas game. Tracy Rocker now proves just how valuable he is to our football team and fans. One wish I have is that Penn Wagers finds himself elsewhere.

I add this link, there are others.

www.macon.com/2013/11/19/2784568_richt-d...frontation.html?rh=1

Edit: Will add this.
espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11712824
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, AllDawgs5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63664 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

scooby wrote: I just cant see how winning is so important to tarnish the reputation of your school.

FSU tarnishing it's reputation in regards to athletic impropriety?

That ship done sailed, long ago.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63666 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

AllDawgs5 wrote:
I don't want to sound negative, or ripping anyone, but I saw many angry with CMR because UGA acted, and didn't sweep this under the rug. Not saying anyone particular on this site, but others as well, have expressed that we should take the FSU approach. Is that really what we want? Regardless of how absurd the rule is, it is still a rule. And Gurley had been educated on those rules. And he chose to break the rules. Do we really want to turn our heads, and act like we saw nothing? Is that leadership?

No.. we don't want that.

We will have to wait until the smoke clears to determine if anyone acted too quickly, but in no way do we want to become FSU. MR is not a roll the dice guy with NCAA rules, and I think that is something we admire....

...it's just frustration at the hypocrisy of one school doing it right while others waltz around blatantly doing it wrong.

The school that does it right will probably pay the stiffer price than the school that does it wrong.

No knock on anyone for doing the right thing..

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, AllDawgs5

More
9 years 6 months ago #63668 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Wartdawg, post #111, spot on.

You posted . . . . The school that does it right will probably pay the stiffer price than the school that does it wrong.

I have a problem sometimes with the "ruling bodies".

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63669 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
I also want to say that I am a bigger fan of Todd Gurley now. He could have lied. He didn't. He made a mistake, like we all do, and he admitted it, when the trend with the young men today is to deny.

He is also still out their practicing with his team. Not sulking.

GO DAWGS - Buc, I will take Rocker and this D-Line. I would prefer speed over size.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63670 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
AD5......thanks, you are making me feel better. :unsure: ;)

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds