Forum

Im calling it early

9 years 6 months ago #63197 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Im calling it early

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote: Ole Miss beats the Tide tomorrow

Imo, Ole Miss are pretenders....Wallace is way too inconsistent....Bama wins easily but hope you are RIGHT.

They move from "pretender" to contender after tomorrow. Great OL and good D. Ole Miss is for real all those recruits from 2-3 years ago are going to pay off

Really hope you are right ogredawg. Wallace has to prove it to me....he throws some really bad INT's.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63198 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Im calling it early
I think Ole Miss is a really good team but like wlayton said Wallace is just too inconsistent. It's hard for me to even say this but Kiffen is a genius and he has instilled some serious confidence into Simms! This maybe the best Bama team that Saban has ever had.

For the record my Dad is a Alabama alumni and has ties with the program. Of course he is nauseously biased on his opinions but he doesn't spat off at the mouth unless he means it. He said there is a lot of buzz going around right now on how quickly the team is improving on both sides of the ball.

Personally I grew up hating Bama but every year I hope and pray that we make it to SEC ship and we face Bama/Saban/Smart and now Kiffen (holy crap that's 3 really good coaches). I also always hope they are ranked #1 with tons of hype and we get a chance to crush their dreams! So again I'm hoping Bama wins out and we get to meet up in Atl...

At the end of the day I really on care about what happens with one team!
GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63199 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Im calling it early
sflanagan21, out to lunch with friends, had your post on my mind, coming back to the board with this.

Lane Kiffin is just another example of just how good Nick Saban is. When he hired Kiffin, media was all over his butt. Nick "shoots" the "look" at the one or two that are brave enough to ask him questions about his decisions. Nick not only understands how to coach college football, he also recognizes talent in the coaching ranks. He worked on Kirby Smart to keep him in Tuscaloosa and now he has as you said accurately in my opinion . . . . Bama/Saban/Smart and now Kiffen (holy crap that's 3 really good coaches).

Say what we want about Nick Saban, call him "Satan" or whatever, in my mind it comes down to those that don't understand what it takes to do what Nick Saban has done in his lifetime. If I had to put a tag on what some of the "know it all" folks say, would use this word . . . ."stoopid"

Going to be worth the price of admission tomorrow when Ole Miss and Alabama first shake hands and then "go to war". Not a place for the weak hearted. My opinion, Kiffin might be the difference in the game tomorrow. My opinion.

Edit: The Alabama, Ole Miss games brings back memories of this game between LSU and Ole Miss.

Even then (1959) the SEC played serious football. Also players played on both sides of the ball in high school (did that) and college. Billy Cannon was one terrific player. Lots of history that I sometimes think has been lost by those that run the game now. IMHO.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #63225 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Im calling it early

Buc wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote: My biased front runner for the Heisman is Gurley, only time will tell if he can stay healthy and get enough touches to win it. I think tomorrow we may see a new name jump into the Heisman mix, Dak Prescott. I'm pretty sure Miss St. is going to make a statement tomorrow and the whole Nation is going to know who Dak Prescott is! Abdullah has the opportunity to make a strong move up as well tomorrow, the only way Nebraska wins is on his back. Simms may also put himself in the talk as well...

sflanagan21, Dak Prescott is all that. Good student, bright future. Just for the record, Georgia also has a "triple threat quarterback" . . . . :whistle:

ogredawg, reading the prediction is one thing. But when looked at closely, your prediction carries a lot of weight.

Yea Prescott is really good and so is Miss St!

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63233 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Im calling it early

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote: Ole Miss beats the Tide tomorrow

Imo, Ole Miss are pretenders....Wallace is way too inconsistent....Bama wins easily but hope you are RIGHT.

They move from "pretender" to contender after tomorrow. Great OL and good D. Ole Miss is for real all those recruits from 2-3 years ago are going to pay off

Really hope you are right ogredawg. Wallace has to prove it to me....he throws some really bad INT's.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Ole Miss proves that they are a CONTENDER... who would of thought 2 Mississippi teams undefeated and leading the West

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago #63246 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Im calling it early
I was pulling for Ole Miss as well.....gotta knock off the Big Boys ahead of us.

Wallace played a great game but he IS an inconsistent QB, let's see how he does the rest of the season.....I have my doubts.

Prescott is the real deal....the West is wide open.

Glad to see Bama, TAM, Oregon and OU LOSE!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds