Forum

Im calling it early

9 years 7 months ago #63054 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Im calling it early

sadlerdawg wrote:

scooby wrote: 1. UGA wins the east.

2. Todd Gurley wins the Heisman.

3. TAM wins the west.

As far as I'm concerned you're already wrong about # 1. UGA may be able to back into the championship game as the east representative, but IMO the opportunity to"win" the east went out the window as soon as we became dependent on another team losing.

By that definition only one team since at least 2003, I was too lazy to go back any farther, to "win" the East was Florida in 2009. If you represent the East in the SECCG, you won the East, even if you have 3 SEC losses like USCe did in '10.

Tremendous insight on this board, but dang, y'all sure don't seem to derive much enjoyment from watching CFB. Their goals are all still in front of them. On paper they should have whipped UT, but they didn't. It's a W. Take it and move on.

The same people that were predicting beat downs vs. USCe and UT are predicting catastrophe now. Just saying.

And btw, Mizzou lost to my alma mater which hasn't even had an AVERAGE football team since the '90's. At home.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63055 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Im calling it early

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: By that definition only one team since at least 2003, I was too lazy to go back any farther, to "win" the East was Florida in 2009. If you represent the East in the SECCG, you won the East, even if you have 3 SEC losses like USCe did in '10.

Tremendous insight on this board, but dang, y'all sure don't seem to derive much enjoyment from watching CFB. Their goals are all still in front of them. On paper they should have whipped UT, but they didn't. It's a W. Take it and move on.

The same people that were predicting beat downs vs. USCe and UT are predicting catastrophe now. Just saying.

And btw, Mizzou lost to my alma mater which hasn't even had an AVERAGE football team since the '90's. At home.

That's my opinion of winning. Counting on somebody else to lose is not the same as winning it yourself. My opinion, certainly not trying to convince you or anyone else.
And the majority of the fan base just "taking wins and moving on", and not demanding improvement, or accountability, is why this team has not improved in the last several years. If you're ok with that, and again, I'm not trying to convince you to hope for improvement, then that's your choice and I assume you are ecstatic with UGA football every year. I like to hope for a little more.
I've stated on here several times that richt has made college football less fun to watch for me, so you're right about that point, but I'd rather not lower my standards just so I can be happier watching it.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #63056 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Im calling it early

sadlerdawg wrote:

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: By that definition only one team since at least 2003, I was too lazy to go back any farther, to "win" the East was Florida in 2009. If you represent the East in the SECCG, you won the East, even if you have 3 SEC losses like USCe did in '10.

That's my opinion of winning. Counting on somebody else to lose is not the same as winning it yourself. My opinion, certainly not trying to convince you or anyone else.
And the majority of the fan base just "taking wins and moving on", and not demanding improvement, or accountability, is why this team has not improved in the last several years. If you're ok with that, and again, I'm not trying to convince you to hope for improvement, then that's your choice and I assume you are ecstatic with UGA football every year. I like to hope for a little more.
I've stated on here several times that richt has made college football less fun to watch for me, so you're right about that point, but I'd rather not lower my standards just so I can be happier watching it.

Got it.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63057 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Im calling it early

sadlerdawg wrote:

Oh please. You are just not satisfied with anything but perfection?

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #63058 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Im calling it early

scooby wrote: Oh please. You are just not satisfied with anything but perfection?

Pretty much. Definitely not satisfied with losing to teams you are better than but getting outcoached.
Imagine you are a boxer in a tournament. You are scheduled to fight, but your opponent is sick and has to forfeit. Yes, you are declared the winner and yes, you advance to the next round, but in my opinion, and my opinion only, you did NOT "win" the fight. Same as counting on someone else to lose to advance IMO.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #63060 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Im calling it early
No doubt Sadler just like a tie back in the day.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds