Forum

time to kick the other orange butt

9 years 7 months ago #62950 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic time to kick the other orange butt
TE Jackson Harris 6-5, 240 lbs. (Columbia, TN - Columbia Central HS)

Guess there are not too many questions about why Coach Nick Saban wanted Jackson Harris. Cross our fingers, Nick Saban/Lane Kiffin have not given up on Jackson Harris. Hope that he does not "flip". Kiffin has meant a lot to players like Blake Simms, seems there are some out there that think this will get a bit closer.

Tennessee folks are all over Jackson. While we have also been referred to as "tight end U" over the years, the tight end position in my opinion has not lived up to that kind of talk. Yes, did like Arthur Lynch a lot. Outside of Lynch, seems we like to play in the sand. Sorry, that bothered me. Now we have it seems Quayvon Hicks doing what he has done for far too long. Much talent, no "drive".

Think that Bobo might look to Jeb Blazevich this Saturday?

The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62951 by Buc
So, I bring this to the board. Jeb Blazevich said . . . .

"I feel like the biggest assets I have are my route running and my hands," he said. "I started out playing wide receiver, so my routes are a little more crisp than some guys and my hands are a little better than some guys."

Same thing that you see sflanagan21?

Jackson Harris and Jeb Blazevich on the front line together . . . . Would be very hard for Richt/Bobo to mess that up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62952 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic time to kick the other orange butt
Hoping to see more improvement in the O line. So far their run blocking has been "superb" but again our talent in RB's make them look good, which IMHO will only make the O line better. Pass blocking is still iffy but they really don't need to be "perfect" because we have no long passing game to speak of. 4th game and they should start to show that they are a unit and know what the others are doing...that is what I will be looking for Saturday. Time for Theus to show why he is playing left tackle...and that he IS a SEC left tackle

The front 7 need to really step it up a notch and should make the Vols. O line look like the inexperienced players that they are. If they don't step it up it will be another long day for the cover guys...and if that happens count on Bobo to make another stoopid call to try and be "cute" once again... :whistle:

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 7 months ago #62953 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic time to kick the other orange butt
Just been posted on BR. That SF will miss the rest of the season and have shoulder surgery

We seek medical RS and still have 2 years of eligibility. Bummer for our young secondary

Opportunity for another player. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62954 by Buc
Much of what Loran Smith said in the article below is spot on. Most that read and post here were introduced to the pair of young men from Plantation, Florida way back when. There are times when "we" get the "scoop" prior to those in the press.

Some posts here have hit on the angle of McClendon being overlooked when it comes to pay day. Take a moment and think about the names listed in Smith's article, then think consider how many butts they have put in the seats. Not just Sanford Stadium, everywhere Georgia travels.

Maybe I am one of those that is never satisfied, but I believe sometimes satisfaction comes with fair play. If we read the sites that are controlled by the "Group" don't hear much more about McClendon, reason for that, it would put pressure on the "Group" to step up to the bar.

Remember us chatting on this board about those in lofty positions using their "power" to control the media? Friends and neighbors, they are the media, have been out front in the media for more years than many on this board have been on Planet Earth. They would have us believe that all is fair and square in the Classic City. If anyone thinks that the AJC is in control when I mention the media, goes further than that, much further. AJC having its problems with the "Group" also. Check to see who gets the "scoops" these days.

Again, sure would hate to see McClendon leave. Seems every time we lose someone they end up on the Auburn payroll. Food for thought.

onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2...ild-your-imagination

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62955 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic time to kick the other orange butt
There is soooooooooooooooooo much about this game that has me worried! However, NONE of those worries center on talent. Fact is, TALENT has never been an issue for CMR, save the first few years of his career. #THIS; sorry I'm not a Twitter user but felt compelled to emphasize, game sets itself up for opportunity....NOT ours....I'm reminded of last years game against Mizzou, a team searching for that "iconic" game....and we so graciously provided them their victory within our hallowed home....

As I said earlier, CMR, CMB and CJP best be ready. Doesn't matter how hungry or how talented we are, when we are faced with an equally hungry and young team whose coach KNOWS our tendencies! I completely agree with the thought that we should NOT get cute with our play calling....Likewise, we should NOT follow the same pattern of..."well, that worked really good, let's stop doing it and try something else"......BOBO!!

It would not surprise me in the least that by Saturday morning, one or more of the GameDay Crew will be calling for the "upset"! Thus far, we've been the Georgia that we've always been under CMR....Great recruiting year, sound preseason ranking....then the usual nocturnal rectal distress!...This is EXACTLY the moment when we should seize the day,.....destroy the urnge horde and FIRMLY re-instate ourselves as leaders of the SECE....

Corching, or lack thereof will tell the tale....I'll not venture to guess at the outcome, for I'm worried that the ghosts of past may arise....Cautiously optimistic is the best I can say.......

Oh yah, if you needed a little more worry to add,....word is that our much beloved and fair minded ref, Penn Wagers will be on the field.....Just can't get a better script,........

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds