Forum

time to kick the other orange butt

9 years 7 months ago #62944 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic time to kick the other orange butt
I belive it will be extremely difficult for CMR to hold back the young men we have toting the rock. They are all very hungry. So not keeping the pedal to the metal would be durn near impossible. Thinking about it is CMR he would probably put it the third string o-line and let them get swallowed up in the backfield.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62945 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic time to kick the other orange butt
So true DAWGtm.....we have such quality depth at RB, when our backups are in they will score. Our 2-3 string TB's would start anywhere else so you know when they get in the game, they are looking to impress the coaches and find that goal line.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62946 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic time to kick the other orange butt

DAWGtm wrote: I belive it will be extremely difficult for CMR to hold back the young men we have toting the rock. They are all very hungry. So not keeping the pedal to the metal would be durn near impossible. Thinking about it is CMR he would probably put it the third string o-line and let them get swallowed up in the backfield.

DAWGtm, I sure hope that you are right. First SEC East game, not winning in Athens with the talent that we have, both on the offense and defense would almost be criminal. They will come to play, they are being coached by someone that I believe will make his mark in the SEC.

Many are talking about their offensive line, graduation hurt, but one thing is for sure . . . . Butch Jones will get the "most" out of his young players. While I have a bad taste for Tennessee, can not in good faith say that Jones is not a very good head coach. He understands that you build a solid football team with the offensive and defensive lines. Couple of years down the road, this game in the East will be highly contested. I believe that. They have incredible facilities in Knoxville, we are trying to arrange a indoor facility.

Would be surprised if we don't wake up and use our talent against Tennessee like we did against Troy State. Let me rephrase that DAWGtm, we sure as heck better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62947 by Buc

wlayton wrote: So true DAWGtm.....we have such quality depth at RB, when our backups are in they will score. Our 2-3 string TB's would start anywhere else so you know when they get in the game, they are looking to impress the coaches and find that goal line.

Might be stepping out too far wlayton, however the weather is supposed to be good football weather. Something about our offensive line against Troy State that somehow seemed a bit different. Different in a "good way".

Allow me this folks . . . . Let's not get cute, time for serious "percentage" coaching. Hope that makes sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 7 months ago #62948 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic time to kick the other orange butt

Buc wrote:

wlayton wrote: So true DAWGtm.....we have such quality depth at RB, when our backups are in they will score. Our 2-3 string TB's would start anywhere else so you know when they get in the game, they are looking to impress the coaches and find that goal line.

Might be stepping out too far wlayton, however the weather is supposed to be good football weather. Something about our offensive line against Troy State that somehow seemed a bit different. Different in a "good way".

Allow me this folks . . . . Let's not get cute, time for serious "percentage" coaching. Hope that makes sense.

Perfect sense. Line it up and do what you do best, don't try to be something you are not. Pound them and let HM manage the game.....as you say, nothing cute, you don't need to re-invent the wheel.

Play your game and eliminate turnovers.

Don't think UT has USC's offensive line but historically they've had great OL's......that concerns me because our pass rush is critical in "defense" of our defensive backs.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62949 by Buc
wlayton, we both know, and I am going to try and bring ogredawg into this . . . . if our offensive line "gets physical" this will take "me" back many years. Telling the truth, the one area of Georgia Football that has always, and I am going back years and years, concerned me more than any other position(s), offensive line. We know we have had some very good offensive linemen, we are at a point in SEC Football now that "close to good" don't count. Also hope that makes sense. We may never see this much talent at running back again. Bobo, please use Isaiah McKenzie, and others.

The Tennessee game will have some "teachable moments" . . . . said that, believe that. Again, this is not Troy State.

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds