Forum

South Carolina game 2 roll call

9 years 7 months ago #62313 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

Wartdawg wrote: East Carolina isn't terrible, but SC will be too much for them even if SC is looking ahead to
UGA.

Bottom line for me is simple.... SC will be ready for UGA. These are the type games where
Spurriers hatred of UGA usually trumps MR's aww shucks attitude. There better be some intensity
matchup going on.

It will be a much better guage of this team than Clemson provided.

Obviously USC will beat ECU comfortably but they may be the best of all the cupcakes playing this weekend (man, a lot of lousy games this weekend.....only about 4 worth watching).

Like I said....just hope ECU is physical.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62314 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
Yep... agree.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62315 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
Probably some of you folks have watched Steve Spurrier press conference, if not the link is below.

Said a lot of things about Spurrier over the years, have to say this, he is worth the price of admission.

If you choose to watch the video, at the 14:18 minute mark on the film, Spurrier has a short thingy about UGA. Not for a minute should anyone think that SS is not getting ready right now for us. One game that he will do everything possible to win. He describes one of the plays that Gurley and others run for us, have had that play for ages. Seems to work, and Spurrier knows that Gurley and others will run the toss sweep against him, several times.

In my mind Spurrier lost one of the very best SEC defensive football coaches ever. Ellis Johnson understands defensive football. Smart choice by Gus Malzahn hiring Ellis. South Carolina feeling the effects of Ellis Johnson moving to Auburn.

Sometimes we talk about coaches, and just how much they mean to a football team (some of them). Ellis Johnson calls the defense for Auburn, not Gus Malzahn. Here is hoping that we understand some of the comments that I and others have made on this board.

Some coaches need to "stay out of the way" when "real coaching" is being practiced. Not meant to be ugly, have seen enough, long enough to believe that I am right.

www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090214aaa.html

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62316 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

NC_Dawg wrote:

Buc wrote: .....I understand folks getting "juiced" over our first victory, must say this . . . . Clemson is not the best team we will face this season. Agree with Mark Richt saying, calm down folks, we have a lot to do.....From where I sit, if we win in Columbia, might have to take a "sip of the Kool-Aid".

Buc, I said the very same thing earlier this morning, while discussing all the UGA hype with some co-workers!...Wayyyyyy to early to state that one victory a world beater makes! Let's just see if the Clumpsin' gameplan was scheme or just good fortune. I believe the visit to Darth Visor's hostile house will tell the tale.

I'm cautiously optimistic, be ever so mindful of previous bandwagon adventures!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!

Have returned to this post several times. NC_Dawg, I believe we have it "in us" to stand up and say enough is enough. Believe that we have finally gotten the needed "leadership" that the "players" believe in.

Have watched and listened to a lot of "chatter" over several years. Like you, there is no guarantee that we will win in Columbia, would really enjoy back to back wins over them. Especially the second one coming from the game in Columbia.

Spurrier used the line of three wins over UGA in his recruiting efforts. Had every right to, his group did that. SS also speaks to the fact that his team is kicking Clemson's butt regularly.

One statement that you make . . . . I'm cautiously optimistic, be ever so mindful of previous bandwagon adventures!!!!

Looking back over the years, this might not be the most important game I will watch, but it would mean so much to our program to stop some of the talk.

Appears that we are on a roll, regardless of what changed the "attitude(s)" in Athens, it was needed. We had gotten "stale". Coaches come and go . . . . we have seen a lot of that. One coach remains, in my mind it is time for him to recognize what he can and can't do.

Thank you Will Friend for "suggesting Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Now move forward and continue to build that much needed offensive line . . . . year after year, and then "watch" how we/UGA are rated in the polls for those that believe in the talking heads.

Stop with this . . . . we have had talent close to what is in Athens now for many years. A thingy that Wartdawg brought to this board . . . . no excuses. Ball bounces funny, can't do anything about that. There is something that can be done when we have talent year after year. What is needed? Simple, "leadership".

We will know more after Columbia. I said that . . . . you said that.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62317 by growl
Replied by growl on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
I would like to see Faton Bauta in at QB sometime in the gamechicken game with Gurley and Chubb in the same backfield. Guarantee a visor toss in those next few minutes. GO DAWGS!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #62318 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
Growl he would have a fit.
His defense would look like towel toddy was coaching them.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds