Forum

GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VOLS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #82735 by growl
Time for those Cousin Eddie, Banjo plunkin, little boy neighbors, to show up and get in the Game.  This aint touch Football son, get ready to get your socks knocked off by a Great Defense and try to catch some Big Boys that run fast with the Goal in mind.  UGGA might even get in this Game!   By the way, I HATE URNGE!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, GooseDawg78, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago #82737 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VOLS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Chief….  I  Share your disdain yes even a strong dislike for urange….   Play to our standard…. Stay focused…

yes run the damn ball…. OL ….understand that this game needs you to dominate…. Reduce the unange DL to pulp

the pumpkin bitches want to steal your milk money… playing in Sanford….    More tomorrow….  Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #82739 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VOLS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Mornin team...

Coffee is steaming and just helped pop get the pork butt on the pit boss at 0430 hours. Pulled pork sandwiches. tater salad, some chicken nuggets from the Christian Chicken Fil A right down the road just in time for a 3:30 kickoff. 

This is the biggest game UGA has had in 40+ years in the regular season. This is the biggest regular season game that college football in general has seen in at least two decades. This is what elite college football looks like. This is what relevancy looks like. This is what an elite coach looks like. This is what we wanted and waited for so many years gone by on here. As YD often says, pause. Think about this for a minute. How many other college programs would give a right part of their anatomy to be sitting where we're sitting right now? Enjoy it. Relish it. Win, lose, or draw. Relish it. 

I was in Charlotte this week for a business trip, so I've had more time after work to sit in a hotel room and analyze this game than I have any game I can recall in recent memory. I won't bore everyone with in depth analysis that I'm sure you've already heard elsewhere. I think it the whole game strategy can be simplified down to a couple of things:

1. We cannot get into a shootout with them. If this becomes a foot race to the end, we're in trouble. I heard a stat this week that in the Kirby Smart era, Georgia is 1-19 against opponents that score 30+ points on them and is 53-1 when it scores 30+ points on an opponent. That stat alone sums up the key to this game. We are going to need long sustained drives in this game to rest the defense and get them prepared to match up against a potent offense. Third down efficiency becomes arguably the most important benchmark of this game. 

2. We have to get pressure on Hooker. Our secondary scares me because it really hasn't been tested and when it has been thrown on, we've been saved by errant throws by sub-par QBs (cf. Bo Nix, Anthony Richardson). Tennessee is going to be fast. They thrive in hurry up and we need to take that away from them. Our secondary needs to know its assignments and prevent the separation from happening - especially in the slot. Our secondary is going to be tested this game unlike anything they've seen so far. 

How do we prevent all of this? By getting pressure on Hooker. If we have a game that sees him running for his life and his field of view being the blue sky, this game becomes very manageable. 

We hear a lot of noise about time of possession. I'm more interested in points on possession. If we have efficient and productive drives, we win this game. But we damned sure better play all 4 quarters. They can't take one drive off, let alone one quarter off. 

Gonna be a long nerve-wracking wait til 3:30p. More later. 

GO DAWGS!! GATA!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
1 year 5 months ago #82740 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VOLS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Another game that has heart attack potential. All I can hope for is that we come to play.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
1 year 5 months ago #82745 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VOLS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No arguments. We are the #1 team. This was what elite looks like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
1 year 5 months ago #82746 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VOLS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Well, well. Pretty normal play today compared to the wild stuff we saw in earlier games.
I enjoyed the game immensely and a good time was had by all.
I suspect we will hear some analysis here soon so keep your ear to the track.

Thank you Team Dawgs. Another W.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds