Forum

College Playoffs - Dawgs Seed #3

2 years 4 months ago #82202 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic College Playoffs - Dawgs Seed #3
Scoop… Scooby….

Nice of you to escape the tar pits and offer a slightly Disney ending
To our season….

Once a troll always a troll….. truly sorry your Buckeyes tanked….not..

That’s the only reason you want the Dawgs to beat Michigan..

You are taking to much heat from your Big Blue buddies….. hmmm.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #82203 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic College Playoffs - Dawgs Seed #3
Awe Yank, you got me confused with someone else. I cant stand OSU. Im tired of seeing Alabama win every year but id pull for the crimson tide over the buckeyes, if osu had made the final four.

I still say this is Georgias championship to lose. Just looking at some betting sites and Bama is slightly more likely to win it all compared to Georgia. UGA dominated teams that took bama down to the wire. They need to make some adjustments, but the pieces are there. Hey I'm all in for the Dawgs this year. If they win it all I'll get my old UGA gear out. The last time I wore a Georgia hat a guy in the pro shop of a golf couse in myrtle beach almost wanted to fight me. I was like dang man, its just a hat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
2 years 4 months ago #82205 by yankeedawg1
Scooby ….

You….. “ If they win it all I’ll get my old UGA gear out”. Duh….

Real Dawg fan never put their Dawg gear away…. We wear it year

around…and regardless … win or lose….

Yup ….. troll …. Sorry about your Dad passing..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, scooby

More
2 years 4 months ago #82209 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic College Playoffs - Dawgs Seed #3
Hey scooby - good to see you. Good to see any new faces or old faces that return for a chat.

Apparently you aren't alone in your optimism. Vegas has UGA at -1.5 in a rematch against Bama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, scooby

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #82210 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic College Playoffs - Dawgs Seed #3

scooby wrote: I’m calling it early. Dawgs win a tough game against Michigan, then roll over Bama in the championship game. Stet gets carried off the field on offensive linemen’s shoulders. Remember a few years ago when auburn killed uga in the regular season, then uga killed them in the seccg? Gonna be like that.

I don’t know much, but something about Daniels that makes me say hmmm. Just to much California… if he was all that great he would be playing. Kirby ain’t stoopid.

Kirby can recruit with anybody. Just a so so game time coach. He is a young guy. Saban didn’t do much great coaching as a young man.

This seems to be the opinion of several of my Dawg friends. Lots of citaton of the 2017 Auburn spanking and then absolute destruction in the SEC Champ game. Lots of "it's really hard to beat the same team twice" chatter.

I will take the bait on the Michigan game. I think we roll over Big Blue in a flash of UGA's dominance throughout the season. But until proven otherwise, Saban owns us. Part of the problem of being the Master's Protegé: he knows what you're going to do before you know what you're going to do.

I will always root for the Dawgs, and I am not - in all my comments here - trying to win wet blanket of the year award. I am just drenched in the ice cold water of reality, and my blanket got wet in the process. I've seen this movie before and know how it ends. Unless we change the script up, we all know how it ends. I am not pinning this game solely on Stetson, but he sure as hell didn't help us with 48 pass attempts and 56 drop backs. We've heard all season about the beauty of Stetson's mobility, yet this mobile QB didn't execute a single designed run play all night. All of us see the problem at QB, but my fear is that Kirby's spurs are dug in and he's just gonna whip this horse until it collapses. This SEC champ game was a total team failure, and this loss can be hung squarely around the coaches' necks like the scarlet letter. Everyone from the coaches right down to UGA looked like zombies out there. Yes, I'm even calling out the damned dawg. He should have been trotted down the sidelines to show those players the pride they're playing for and provided a needed spark.

I love Kirby, I do. We'll never find another coach that bleeds Georgia from every pore of his body like Kirby does. But he really has to grow up and become a more mature coach. He has shown growth, but he's still making dumbass rookie coach mistakes when it counts the most (cf. punting with 7:45 left on 4th and 15 when you're down by 2 TDs against a team you can't stop on defense). He really is going to have to stop the charade of coach speak. Remember when he first got here and we all breathed a sigh of relief at how nice it was to hear a press conference that didn't start with : "Well I thought our guys just played their tails off, and you really have to tip your hat to [insert name of big SEC opponent that just kicked our ass], they played a great game. We just got to go back to the drawing board and get ready for [insert name of inconsequential team we'll steamroll to feel better about ourselves] and put this one behind us."

Coachspeak has crept in, and it's tiresome. Just tell us why you aren't playing JT. Does the guy have mental health issues, as is rumored? Fine, just tell us he isn't medically cleared to play. Is Stetson REALLY the best QB we have? Then tell us that. The coach ought to be frank and honest with his fanbase, because most of his fanbase right now is ready to take him by the scruff of the neck and give him the business.

Thank you friends for letting me purge. This one still hangs with me and will for a long time. Yes, winning a natty would go a long way towards healing this wound, but this will forever be a black eye on our season. I promise I'll shut up now about the SEC Championship game and move on to CFP talk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, scooby

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82211 by yankeedawg1
SD …

Not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water…

As I posted many times in the past …. If not Kirby …who

Yes more seasoning required…

And some tempering of his stubbornness… hello Beth

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds