Forum

GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA

2 years 4 months ago #82160 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
Good gameday morning Dawg fans. Coffee is steaming, 35 degrees here. Crisp overcast day for a late autumn's Championship game day.

Here we are at the gate of destiny. We either do it or we don't. I don't want to entire the playoff as #3 or #4. I want to leave no doubt that we are in this #1 position because the process has placed us here.

Game thoughts....

This game is going to come down to what every SEC game comes down to: line of scrimmage play. And in the lines category, UGA clearly, beyond all doubt, has the man-sized advantage. Much has been said about BY's inability to handle the pressure, not going to reiterate it here. The onus is on the secondary to stop the ball distribution and prevent momentum. I expect up tempo from the Gumps, at least a few series to loosen up the backs - or try. It's going to be interesting to see how CKS/CDL tweak the defense this week, or if they tweak it. Do they bring more blitz packages because they sniff blood in the water? Or do they leave the packages as they were and simply allow the size & dominance of the front 7 to get pressure on BY?

We're about to find out if we get to keep the farm after Kirby bet it earlier this season on SBIV. Today's the day lots of things become clear. Do we finally shed the "can't win the big game" curse? We'll find out in about 8 hours. Can't wait.

More thoughts welcome.

Enjoy it. These don't come very often.

Go Dawgs! GATA & BTB!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #82161 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
We're either elite or we're not. Today will show. Hoping CKS has these dawgs ready. If I have a concern, its this: (borrowing from the fable of the fox and the hare), there is a difference between playing for your supper and playing for your life. Punch 'em in the mouth until the final whistle blows, Dawgs.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 4 months ago #82162 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
Good Morning.. From Athens..

Coffee in hand after morning walk to the south forty with Duchess..

Mild weather mid forties… very pleasant…. Good posts from all

Filled with facts not fluff …

Our South forty is fenced with a eight foot deer fence to keep Bambi out of our four gardens… we had a deer herd of 12 adult and yearly fawns grazing in the open area between woods and fence… Duchess is a seven month old Great Dane puppy …dainty 92 pounds waist tall and growing.

Danes were bred in Germany to hunt wild boar .. the only dog both large and fast enough to bring down an adult boar…

Her Instincts took over… she switched to being the hunter in a blink..

The chase ended.. deer were thankful for having the fence..

I see the hunter instinct in our defense… truly they work together as a pack….. each practice and game they get better… never content…always pressing to get better…

Tennessee took the ball and marched to a quick TD … our HC made a tweak on defense ( personnel change) … our defense regrouped…. Vols shut down….

Our defense…. Will be relentless for all four quarters…. Like all season long…. D… will prevail…..

Seven hours of pacing…. Yippee..

More later,,,, Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
2 years 4 months ago #82163 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
3 1/2 hours and the anticipation is killing me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
2 years 4 months ago #82164 by growl
Replied by growl on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
Me too

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82165 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
Watching Baylor and Okla. State …. Can’t focus..

Sun came out .. eat a sandwich …. Duchess napping… went to store and saw six tour buses heading towards ATL..

Coming up on three hours… Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds