Forum

GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA

2 years 4 months ago #82178 by growl
Replied by growl on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
Well after the Second Quarter, they did manage to fill up the last two hours of tv time.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82179 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA

yankeedawg1 wrote:
He closed with we didn’t play and beat anybody ….

Being that Tennessee was one of our two toughest opponents prior to this game; he's right... we played nobody.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #82180 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
You know what's interesting? I thought I'd feel a lot worse than I do, but I guess I am just numb. So that aids in the let down.

I knew this was going to happen. And no, I'm not just trying to pile on to SBIV, and no, I didn't see the points total coming. But I saw the QB situation coming to a head. We needed a QB in this game. They had one. We didn't. We knew that Saban's game plan was going to be to make SBIV win the game in the air, and Saban knew his weakness. Kirby made his bed, now he gets to lay in it, at the expense of the greatest generational team this program has seen since 1980. It is unforgivable what he did to JT Daniels - and poetic justice served him tonight. We talk about breaking wills. Ours got broken tonight.

So we eek into the playoffs in the #4 slot, and get to play #1 Bama again. We'll lose that one too, because we don't have a QB that has the toolset required to do what needed to be done on a huge stage tonight nor the huge stage in 4 weeks . And it's too late to change horses at this point.

I ain't patting myself on the back - but the game plan was a very straightforward one on Saban's part - make SBIV beat them. Stop our run and make us put it in the air. Then, shut down the dominance of the front 7 by getting the ball out quickly on an up tempo offense, hit receivers across the middle where our secondary has been soft all year, and hit the receivers on hooks, curls, & crosses. Worked like a charm, and it was obvious that when BY got the pressure that the whole system collapsed.

They were running a 1984 Bill Walsh West Coast offense and we couldn't stop it. Absolutely pathetic. There were ZERO adjustments made at the half. This defense just totally shit the bed.

Whatever. Thank God I didn't smoke the hopium. This was the hurdle we needed to jump and once again we just face planted on the track.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 4 months ago #82181 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
Somebody should ask Kirby Richt why in the second quarter when they were up-tempo, we couldn't sub, we were so gassed that we had a player just stand there during a play... why he didn't once call a timeout.

Face it... these moments are just too big for Kirby and it trickles down to the team.

... but hey, we won the "hype video" contest.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 4 months ago #82182 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
Completely out coached … which led to being completely outplayed.

CFP … not going to be a pretty sight for us..

Totally an example of Murphy’s law..

That which can wrong… will……

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #82183 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG, GEORGIA VS ALABAMA
We're going to be perpetually stuck with this ass-hatted go-with-my-gut calls Kirby makes. The best quarterback, as expected, watched the de-construction of this offense from the sidelines. But hey - he took it with class. He's been such a team mate all year. He talks like a champion into the headset.

Stetson told us a few weeks ago in a big splash headline on dawgnation - "I jus think I'm the best guy out there." Reality check - nope.

Our defense gave their wideouts more cushion than a 3-ply roll of Charmin. When the defense actually gave some damned effort and got pressure on Young - gasp - he fell apart. Was this novel idea anywhere in our game planning and practice all week? I honestly don't know.

This one is on coaches AND players. While I will certainly roast Kirby like an overdone turkey on this one - I also call out the players. Especially the defense. That effort wasn't even half-assed. It was assed. From start to finish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds