Forum

GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #82013 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
That was a horrible interception and it made me start to think the moment was too big for SBIV, but the TD to KJ was nice.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #82014 by growl
That was so enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 5 months ago #82015 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

More
2 years 5 months ago #82016 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Well that game was about as enjoyable as it gets. Embarrassing FU and doing so in grand fashion on a huge stage is the treat of the season. So before any of my comments get taken to look like I am not happy - wrong. I am thrilled.

I felt like in the first quarter, we had a lot of intensity, a lot of aggression, but very poor execution. The defense turned the tide of this game and they did so in remarkable fashion. Have we ever scored 21 points in 2.5 minutes? I was waiting for idiot Danielson to tell us that was a school record, but alas, all he did was babble on about how Florida needed to keep composure the way Alabama would.

SBIV...I love this kid. Love him to death, but I going back to my conversation with Wart a few weeks ago, I'm scared to death too. One minute he is threading the needle to KJ's waiting hands in the end zone, the next minute he's throwing air hangers into double coverage that get picked off. This is going to be our undoing against a team Alabama. Hate to say it, and I know its worn out, but there it is. Kirby has been given ample opportunity to see this train coming, but I'm just not sure he's willing to stop staring it down and step off the tracks. Those QB mistakes may not cost you anything against a team like FU, but they will against Bama. 98.9% of the time, Bama is going to score 7 off those mistakes. If we're going to beat Bama, even a "down year" Bama, we have to execute perfectly, and we were far from offensive perfection yesterday.

The defense yesterday should have been rewarded with a shut out, and had it not been for that last interception, I really believe we would have gotten it. If we would have kept grinding the ball and running clock, rather than airing it out and getting picked off, I really believe the game clock would have prevented FU from getting the ball back, running it down field and scoring. Is that greedy of me? Yeah probably, but that's where I'm at. Bone head call, bone head pass, bone head result.

I have to believe that we're going to see JT phased in to the game plans against the next 4 teams. They've got to get him back up to game speed and have that machine well lubricated for Atlanta in case he's needed. This is maybe the toughest QB situation we've faced in memory at UGA. Stetson did what he needed to do yesterday to command the team to a W. But we didn't look great offensively yesterday, that's for sure.

Ok, complaint mode off.

We're 8-0, SEC East Champs (thanks other Bulldog team), and headed into November with our destiny before us. It's great to be a Georgia Bulldog this morning.

GO DAWGS!

More
2 years 5 months ago #82017 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Good Morning All,

Beautiful sunrise in the Classic City…. Happy to report that the chapel bell rang late into the night… I am sure the bell rope inspector will be checking to see if it needs replacement due to excessive wear this season.

Don’t think for a second that the HC and his council of assistants don’t have a plan to bring JT back….

I look back at last season… JT was cleared several weeks before seeing live game action as a starter… HC stated over and over being cleared health wise…not the same as being game ready…. Kirby also is a firm believer in setting players up to be successful…. Imho .. that is why JT started at home … feeding of the home crowd energy..

Forward to this year and JT’s injury….. once again … he has been cleared to play…. However, HC wants to have him get more practice reps before playing in a game..

JT.. faces a pretty fair defense in practice so he has the opportunity to work with his receivers honing timing issues…

Two SEC games remaining…. One home this coming weekend.. then the Pumpkin people away …..

8-0. Coffee is tasting really good … life is good…. Buc… see you

Grinning….. Bull Gators rumbling yet? Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
2 years 5 months ago #82018 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
SD... the fear is real. Those two interceptions were abysmal decisions and def hung up too long giving off defenders a chance to leave their man and come over to bracket the receiver.

I think this game cements the fact that this is SBIV's team. JT probably doesn't get back in unless we're down 14 with SB playing poorly.

That is what it is, and I'm just going to let that statement be.

For now, we just beat Mullen, Todd, and the Gaydors muchly, and that makes for a great day after..

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds