Forum

GAME DAY: KENTUCKY WILDCATS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

2 years 5 months ago #81981 by Wartdawg
That was the toughest team we have faced all season, by far. Very solid line.. good QB play.

As expected they either ran trickeration or right at us to try and either use our speed against us or negate it.

Loved our TE play... I thought we did some nice things to adjust at halftime..
There was some solid blocking up front in the second half.

More later...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #81982 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: KENTUCKY WILDCATS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

More
2 years 5 months ago #81983 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: KENTUCKY WILDCATS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
This game was a tale of two halves. Toughest most physical game we've played all season and is likely to play all season. Very impressed with Kentucky. Glad to see us get a test in the 1st half. We needed it. I keep going back to how nice it is to have a coach that makes adjustments at the half and gets it dialed in properly for the 2nd half. We came out like a bulldozer in the 2nd half.

The toughness of this game showed us a little off our mental game with penalties. Jalen Carter is damned lucky the refs let the punch to the face slide at the end of game, otherwise we'd have lost him for the 1st half against FU, or for a full game depending on what the SEC levied.

More tomorrow morning.

GO DAWGS!!!! 7-0 at #1 baby.

More
2 years 5 months ago #81984 by Wartdawg
Not relevant to our game, but UT fans cheering an injury to Ole Miss player Matt Corral's injury is why I am proud to be a UGA fan.

Utterly disgusting. Classless.. losers.

This is why your program sucks.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #81985 by SouthernDawg
And UT fans throwing bottles, trash & various other sht on the field because they didn't like a call? UT is a disgusting program. I'll bet Lane is glad he landed in Oxford over that trailer park in Knoxville. I've seen a lot of classless fan moves, but UT takes the prize. They cheered when Nick Chubb blew out his ACL and was carted off the cow pasture in Knoxville and last night they cheered Corral's injury.

I hope the SEC fines these clowns $1M and takes their bowl eligibility away for a year after what happened last night.

What a total dumpster fire that program is. Heupel should issue a league wide apology and ban fans from the game for the rest of the season. Just disgusting.

Kudos to Lane. He handled the situation with class. He's come a long way from the old Lane that would've taken the bait and said something he regrets.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #81986 by SouthernDawg
Ok gents... my thoughts on the game.

This team is just getting better and better as the season goes on, and I'm starting to believe that maybe, just maybe, we are going to play to our potential all season long?

First half was interesting to me. I thought the play calling was extremely conservative and Stetson was giving flashes of old Stetson which had me a bit nervous and confused, because I think we could have scored 48 and beat the damn brakes off Kentucky in this game if we wanted do. The offense in the 1st half to me seemed like it was on cruise control, almost playing down to UK's level. We need to find a kicker. Missing a PAT is unacceptable. Podlesny has been on my S list all season and he did nothing yesterday to help that. I have no idea what's going on there, but any time we line up to kick FG, my palms get sweaty. I miss Hot Rod.

Let me just say that Brock Bowers and Ladd McConkey....Good Lord Almighty those two freshmen are going to be absolute lights out superstars for this UGA program. To my knowledge, a tight end has never won the Heisman. Not saying it'll happen this year, but not since Tony Gonzalez have I seen such a big, athletic, physical, dominant tight end with hands of putty on the football like Bowers has. Seriously, if he keeps this up, he will go down in Georgia history as one of the best it has ever seen. And how nice is it to have an OC who is not just using the tight end, but making that position an integral part of the play calling?

The second half was pure Georgia. Stetson looked much more confident, Kendall Milton was just lightning. Zeus doing Zeus things and of course, I'm out of words to describe how other-worldly this defense is looking. That 4th quarter, I'm convinced Stoops chewed up 11 minutes on a single drive because he didn't want us running the score up and making it an embarrassment. This defense.. I'm out of words. Holding the SEC's leading rusher to 7 yards on 7 carries? Sick. Sick sick sick.

Kentucky is a good team, but their offense was just too stale and stagnant to roll with a program like ours. That said, a lot of chatter has been going on about the last minute and Stoops trying to get the TD. Doesn't bother me at all. That's the way it should be done. If you're going to burn 11 minutes on a single drive, then finish it off and get the TD. Don't quit on your guys like Cousin Eddie did against UK in Lexington and knee the ball down to give up the drive.

I feel like Kentucky is one or two integral pieces away from being a real threat in the East. Their defense looks good, really good. Not Georgia good, but definitely #3 in the SEC right now - maybe #2. UK has solidified themselves as the #2 in the East, and with FU's & UT's dumpster fires right now, I don't see that changing. It was quite fun watching Cousin Eddie getting beat at LSU and continuing to defend Todd Grantham. I hope FU gives Grantham a raise and a contract extension. Seat is getting hot on Mullen now, but I think Scott Strickland will force him to fire Grantham and go after a known quantity at DC (perhaps Muschamp) after this season.

I have a lot more to say, but this one got long. On to the bye week. We have to get healthy. Despite how good we look, we're pretty banged up right now. Lots of guys playing through injuries.

GO DAWGS!

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds