Forum

GAME DAY: ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

2 years 6 months ago #81910 by Wartdawg

SouthernDawg wrote: Ok Wart, this one I have to break with you on. I agree with everything you said about the future portion of the season - I'm not saying a NC is a foregone conclusion. I was speaking about what we've done up to now, and specifically, what we did yesterday against a highly ranked opponent vs. our history against matchups like this.

I am taking it one game at a time. I think it goes without saying that I am well aware of our history of face planting. I'm not ready to anoint us champions. I said at the beginning of the season that they have to prove it to me this year. If anyone has been saying he doesn't buy into the hype, it's me. This is why I said focus on Auburn. I'm talking about being happy with what I've seen thus far.

It is always one game a time in the SEC. I'm not ignorant of that fact. But what I'm trying to say is that there's a dramatic difference in this year's UGA team from anything I've seen in Kirby's 5 years in Athens. I think that point isn't arguable. Does it mean we're unbeatable and skate to Atlanta and Bama just takes a knee and lets us run over them? Of course not.

Well then I'm not so sure you're "breaking with me" all that much. I agree with everything you just wrote.

I'm very happy with what I've seen thus far as well, I am just cautioning against the appearance of taking it any further than that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #81911 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Wart….SD….. reading what you two have just posted is why

Dawgs.com is where you go to get the rest of the story…

Good stuff gentlemen…

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, growl

More
2 years 6 months ago #81912 by kentdaddy
Bart Starr once told me a story Vince Lombardi used to tell the team in Green Bay back in the day. Every day they strive for perfection knowing full well they will never achieve it. Perfection remains the goal.

One opponent at a time. That defense looks all time great right now.

The punt penalties seemed odd. I was getting feelings of the Sugar Bowl against WVU years ago. In that game Rich Rod had three or four procedure penalties on punts too. But it was all a set up for the punter run up the middle by the punter that came later. I doubt Muschamp is that forward thinking, but it just seemed odd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
2 years 6 months ago #81920 by thriller
Here is a pretty good summary of this past Saturday:

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
2 years 6 months ago #81922 by LimeyDawg

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds