Forum

GAME DAY: ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

2 years 6 months ago #81903 by Wartdawg

SouthernDawg wrote: Muschamp acted like he had no idea what was going on.

Yeah... classic Muschamp

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #81904 by Wartdawg

kentdaddy wrote: I still don't think UGA can beat Alabama without Daniels at QB. The Hobbit scares me every time he throws the ball more than 5 yards down field.

You are correct sir.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 6 months ago #81905 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Theres a dramatic difference between Stetson and JT, and one of those dramatic differences is confidence and arc. Stetson gets a lot of his passes batted & tipped because he throws low. His passes don't get where they're going in a hurry like Daniels' does. I agree that we're on shaky ground if we line him up against Bama. And in reality, if everything holds the way it is right now and Bama and UGA run the table, both Bama and UGA get a mulligan in the SECCG. If Bama and UGA go 12-0, the loser of the SECCG won't matter. Both teams will still go. There's no world in which the college playoff committee would deny a 13-0 Georgia and a 12-1 Bama a playoff berth with the dominant seasons they had. Or vice versa. But the bottom line is we need Daniels under center for the game against Bama that counts the most.

More
2 years 6 months ago #81906 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Good morning fellers....

Well well well....after a night to bask in the glory of that game, and in the glory of watching FU get out coached and beaten by Kentucky - let me just say that I have no criticisms of our game whatsoever except the stupidity of the special teams formation penalties. But I'm willing to overlook those and just say - when's the last time we played a perfect game in all facets of football?

Kirby Smart was hired for exactly what we're seeing. It took him 5 years to get his team, staff, and personnel assembled but we got it. Finally. He has built an absolute monster at Georgia.

Remember the days when we'd go into a game like this against a favorite against a top ranked team and get curb stomped because we wouldn't show up for it? Remember those days? Who here wants to take a trip down memory lane and remember the 2015 #13 Alabama vs. #8 Georgia game in Athens in the rain? Remember that one? I do. Our tires were pumped all season, the media loved us, we were "for real"....... and we got a brutal ass kicking by a real team.

Remember how deflated, demoralized and how we had a total lack of confidence in our leadership at the end of the 2015 season? I surely do. Remember what we wanted? We wanted to win. We were tired of the excuses of beating good opponents, then losing to far lesser ones. We were tired of (excuse me) shitting the bed when we had all the tools to win. Well my friends, times have changed. My goodness how times have changed. How nice is it to trust that your coaching staff will have your team dialed in to every opponent, on every play of the game? What does it say about a coaching staff who has their players absolute trust and confidence that the players - all of them- were able to keep a secret that Stetson was named starter on Monday and that never leaked to social media? The soldiers believe in their General.

Georgia went out and did exactly what the 2nd best team in the land is supposed to do. Dominate. Lots of eyes were on Georgia yesterday to see, "are they for real?" "Was the Clempson victory really indicative of how good Georgia is?" No more questions are being asked.

Now, its keeping focus and moving on to Assburn on the plains. I have absolutely zero doubt that Kirby will have them ready to play on Saturday..... for probably another noon kickoff.

GO DAWGS!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #81907 by Wartdawg
Kirby was hired to win championships and until we do so, we are in no position to claim anything.

We've seen UGA in this position before only to slip up and lose a game to an inferior opponent, so I'll not count my chickens just yet. Clumpsom came into the season overrated and had dropped way out of the list of top teams, and I'm not sure what we faced in Arkansas.

We've got to prove it each and every week up until the SECCG and then we'll have to prove it again.

I for one am not willing to overlook much as it takes a constant striving for perfection in every area of the game to reach the level we expected Kirby to reach when he was hired. That's not just defense. It's special teams and offense as well, and we do still have questions there that need to be answered.

We also have yet to answer if we can show up for 12 weeks in a row and not slip up as we seem to do every year, and we certainly haven't answered the question if we can get over the Alabama hump, but one question at a time is how we need to take it.

The only question we answered yesterday is can we beat Arkansas and that was a resounding "yes", but we won't know what that really meant in the overall scheme of things until January.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
2 years 6 months ago #81909 by SouthernDawg
Ok Wart, this one I have to break with you on. I agree with everything you said about the future portion of the season - I'm not saying a NC is a foregone conclusion. I was speaking about what we've done up to now, and specifically, what we did yesterday against a highly ranked opponent vs. our history against matchups like this.

I am taking it one game at a time. I think it goes without saying that I am well aware of our history of face planting. I'm not ready to anoint us champions. I said at the beginning of the season that they have to prove it to me this year. If anyone has been saying he doesn't buy into the hype, it's me. This is why I said focus on Auburn. I'm talking about being happy with what I've seen thus far.

It is always one game a time in the SEC. I'm not ignorant of that fact. But what I'm trying to say is that there's a dramatic difference in this year's UGA team from anything I've seen in Kirby's 5 years in Athens. I think that point isn't arguable. Does it mean we're unbeatable and skate to Atlanta and Bama just takes a knee and lets us run over them? Of course not.

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds