Forum

Game Week... Gamecocks...

3 years 4 months ago #81482 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
Yes ...... what becomes the proof of the pudding for me is two things... regarding our offense..

Being able to repeat our ability to score game after game ... and... regardless who we are playing

Same for the defense and ST .......

Sidebar.... looking for the offense and play calling to continue to improve .... eyes will be watching..

The game after thanksgiving is one of my favorites... get to include some select leftovers into the tailgate menu..

Wart ..... as you do... I want to beat the Clucks like a Dollar Store drum ... take that BS. Sandstorm piped in music and

Stick it where the sun doesn’t shine... plzzz

Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 4 months ago #81483 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
Read what Wart had to say, actually read his post on different days, trying to sort out some of my thoughts. One article that I read confirmed many of my thoughts about where we are as a team in 2020. At one point I was willing to accept the Chinese Virus as our major problem, meaning practice time. No dice. Below is one article that moved me to post. Allow me this, there is so much in the article that screams for an “attitude change”. Will say this, both coaches and certain players need a serious adjustment, not referring to a Chiropractic adjustment, attitude adjustment.

www.redandblack.com/sports/georgia-appro...8c-0bb6c377349e.html

Wartdawg wrote: A word on game management and managing the LOS. We heard a lot about it with Fromm, and while it's important; I believe the phrase is over used and misunderstood.

These QB's are not calling plays on the line. They are usually sent to the line with two plays; a pass and a run. They have pretty simple reads to make on key indicators to stay in the original call or to switch to the secondary call.

Most of the time that read is coming from the sideline as well or they wouldn't waste that time staring at the guy frantically gesticulating on the sideline while the play clock runs.

Our guys do this.. the guy QBing at 'Bama does it... the guy at Wake Forest does, and the guy at Illinois does it.

Too often I hear about "game management" from a coach talking a guy up who has mediocre passing ability.

I'm glad we have people behind center who can execute the basic pre-snap functions the position calls for, but I'll take the guy who can go through his progressions and make all the throws necessary to have a dynamic explosive offense. Give me the guy who can throw the ball accurately more than 35 yards down the field. Give me the play-maker instead of the "game-manager".

I'm kind of past tired of that being the 1st thing we say about our QB's!

Don't get me wrong. I know there are protections (called by the center usually) and that this stuff is important, but there isn't going to be anybody game-managing a team to a National Championship.

/endrant

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 4 months ago #81484 by yankeedawg1
Buc,

Thanks for sharing.... absolutely severe case of blowing ones own horn.....

Way way to much me... rather than we ...

I truly hoped we had moved passed this horse hockey..

Go Dawgs .l..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 4 months ago #81485 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
I just saw a mock draft that has JT Daniels going in the first round and pick number 16 to the bears. It is up on ESPN right now.

If he's getting this kind of hype already he may not be around next year for us.

More
3 years 4 months ago #81487 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
Good article, Buc

Agree a bit on the "me" stuff, but I'm not going to worry about it too much as long as he shows up in games and performs without embarrassing the program off the field.

JT has had 1 year and 1.5 games at
the college level. I wouldn't think of leaving if I was him. Not worried though because of what we have behind him with Beck behind him. I really want to see JT with a full season.

I want to see if he can get better under this staff.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
3 years 4 months ago #81488 by yankeedawg1
Wart.... totally agree ... JT.. needs more experience.... against better competition...

Don’t think the remaining games this season against the teams left on our schedule provides the needed opportunities..

Think he returns..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds