Forum

Game Week... Gamecocks...

3 years 4 months ago #81474 by yankeedawg1
Game Week... Gamecocks... was created by yankeedawg1
Ok... JT’s first road game....

IMHO our remaining schedule is going to provide the opportunity for JT to gain confidence and comfort within our game offense.

Two road games and one at home... plus a bowl game... all subject to postponement.....

All building blocks ...

Again it’s going to be more about how we play... looking not just winning but which areas needing improvement have we corrected..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 4 months ago #81475 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
Yd1, I hope QB play is that good again, hopefully the running game gets the blocks it needs to gobble up some turf. Don't know about the "D", but they came around in the fourth quarter last week and woke me up to believe they wanted that game.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 4 months ago #81476 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
Growl.... me thinks JT comes out and executes the game plan...as others have posted his management of the line of scrimmage was spot on... getting us out of a bad play and into a good one... helping getting the younger backs lined up
Correctly..

yes the passing skills were on display...

But my most important takeaway..about JT... his post game statement...

Looking to take what the defense was giving us.... seeing the field and knowing where he wanted to go with the ball

Game Two.... more of the rust gets removed...

The biggest benefactors to the success in our passing game... yes our receivers... next our RB’s.... OL will

See improvement also..not facing a stacked box all the time...

Zip has returned to our football team... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #81477 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
A word on game management and managing the LOS. We heard a lot about it with Fromm, and while it's important; I believe the phrase is over used and misunderstood.

These QB's are not calling plays on the line. They are usually sent to the line with two plays; a pass and a run. They have pretty simple reads to make on key indicators to stay in the original call or to switch to the secondary call.

Most of the time that read is coming from the sideline as well or they wouldn't waste that time staring at the guy frantically gesticulating on the sideline while the play clock runs.

Our guys do this.. the guy QBing at 'Bama does it... the guy at Wake Forest does, and the guy at Illinois does it.

Too often I hear about "game management" from a coach talking a guy up who has mediocre passing ability.

I'm glad we have people behind center who can execute the basic pre-snap functions the position calls for, but I'll take the guy who can go through his progressions and make all the throws necessary to have a dynamic explosive offense. Give me the guy who can throw the ball accurately more than 35 yards down the field. Give me the play-maker instead of the "game-manager".

I'm kind of past tired of that being the 1st thing we say about our QB's!

Don't get me wrong. I know there are protections (called by the center usually) and that this stuff is important, but there isn't going to be anybody game-managing a team to a National Championship.

/endrant

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
3 years 4 months ago #81479 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
I agree Wart that most of the play calling decisions come from the sidelines... but nobody on the sidelines moves a back into

Lining up for the called play correctly if need be... I am certain a veteran college QB can check out of a play and go

To a second choice his or one from the sidelines... absolutely no game manager has ever won a Natty..

Takes a very talented QB to operate the new breed of college football offenses ..... fingers crossed we found ours..

And will do a better job of development of our future QB’s....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 4 months ago #81481 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Week... Gamecocks...
Time to get ready for the screaming chickens.

I hope an arse whipping of epic proportions is in order, although as bad as they are it's like beating up a guy with two broken arms.

Muschamp has proven himself not capable of running a solid SEC program yet again. Nice to see Bobo back, but he's on the opposite sideline now so GATA.

This week then chickens should understand they will might get lit up if they sell out for the run, so I like to see us get that aspect of our game going again. I want to judge all aspects of our offense when people have to play us honest.

What we saw last week wasn't a good gauge.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds