Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #81283 by Wartdawg
Sorry, but Bennett is not elite enough to carry us to a win over a team like Alabama.

He's a great story and you love his cojones but he isn't good enough to take us to the very top level.

We at Georgia love falling in love with the Fromms and and Bennetts of the world, but that isn't going to get it done.

There were about 6-7 pivotal moments in that game where an elite QB makes a play or doesn't make a big mistake that could have changed the game in our favor.

My apologies in advance for calling it like I see it as a critical analyst and not just a cheerleader.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #81284 by LimeyDawg
...aaaand just like that...

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #81285 by Wartdawg
I'll back it up:

2nd drive 3rd long didnt see open receiver over the middle who would still be running. Went outside for an incomplete. Drive ended in nothing.

Batted down balls. 5 on the night.

Had a free play on a 'bama offside but he didnt see and couldn't get it deep down the middle. We had a free play and could have drove a stake in them, but we didn't.

Missed seeing James cook wide open for TD on a release to the right.

On the TD before the half:
Missed TE for TD
Overthrew and missed TD
We got the TD on 3rd down, but much harder than it should have been.

2nd half;

After 90 yard Bama TD - under-threw #7 Burton or it would have been a TD. It was a nice play regardless, but could and should have been a TD..
Ended up being a int on drive on a high pass over the middle that was deflected up -14 point swing to put us down 10

After 'bama went up 10 in 3rd - Overthrew wide open Burton deep for another possible TD. Drive ended up going nowhere.

Threw very bad Int to open 4th qtr. No idea where that ball was supposed to be going, and that ended our chances as it became another 'bama TD.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #81286 by Wartdawg
Sorry but I say NO EXCUSES.

I am tired of being the little team that could but ALWAYS falling short. I'm tired of saying how proud I am for the effort that falls short and rah-rah-ing our underdog QB and kicker stories.

The biggest difference in these two teams is Alabama has an elite QB and we have a feel good story at QB.

Not the only difference as they schemed the shiz out of our defense to constantly create matchup problems, but we could have taken away many opportunities if we had something other than a game manager QB.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
3 years 6 months ago #81287 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE
It’s about to strike midnight....

Wart I can’t find anything to disagree with you on your observations.... they ring with truth...

Once again we brought a knife to a gun fight.... yes it is a feel good story about Stetson.... the feeling faded at halftime

Once again we have more questions than answers.... going to be an interesting bye week..

Wildcats in Lexington.... not a gimme..... HC .... good starting point for answers...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

More
3 years 6 months ago #81288 by growl
There is nothing to say or add to Warts comments and excellent observations on real short comings( no pun intended)in this game. I will say that was a Giant leap backwards, and I will admit I was wrong about where we stood. There is time though to get it back together and save the rest of the season.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds