Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS Vs ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS

3 years 6 months ago #81205 by Wartdawg
They did scheme vanilla, but imo it's the same brand of vanilla dating back to Cheney. I can look at games from every year and see the same basic play designs. That's not in and of itself bad if the play calling finds its rhythm, but I still think we need some wrinkles soon with this schedule.

Great point Sflanagan about the line play with Bennett in, and if I may expand upon it. Mathis does add an element SBIV doesn't bring, but that can be a double edged sword. The O-line doesn't always know where he will be... his propensity to move around can also throw off timing on what are often timing pattern plays. Stetson comes in and you know a 3 step drop will be a 3 step drop: They know where he will be in the pocket and they know a ball will be released on time. Things become more dynamic with a QB like Mathis... especially an inexperienced QB Mathis.

I agree we should see more from Monken, but as noted above it needs to happen quickly with this schedule. No customary 2 practice games before we hit the gauntlet.

One thing is true of todays game, and that is elite teams have elite offenses. Elite defenses keep you around, but look at what's gone on the past few years and see that D alone isn't what's winning championships.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #81206 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS Vs ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS
You’re dead on WD about Mathis releasing from the pocket so early and the o line not knowing where he’s at! I hope our staff can figure that out and fast!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 6 months ago #81207 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS Vs ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS
I fall back on .... we are still measuring this game with a ruler that has the typical 12 inches that make a foot...

We know from experience since late February that there isn’t anything much typical from the past..

Remaining optimistic after one game that you won seems proper..

We will know more about our team and coaches come late Saturday
Night..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
3 years 6 months ago #81208 by kentdaddy
Well that was interesting. End of September is our anniversary and we are outdoors people so I always end up watching a game from a campsite by a fire in the middle of the Arkansas river valley. And yes I a was able to find a place out on the country with a good enough cell phone signal amazingly.

Stetson is a gamer but I doubt that is enough to beat the big boys. Defense is big time as expected. Mathis needs work of course as others have noted. Honestly I heard all about his speed yet he rarely rucked it and ran. I am guessing he had orders not to.

Daniels is cleared for Saturday it seems. Should be interesting. When Mississippi State can score enough to beat LSU we will certainly need an elite offense.

More
3 years 6 months ago #81209 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS Vs ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS
Yes JT is cleared... Kirby won’t name a starter until game time..

With COVID-19 and injuries having more options a QB seems

prudent. Next two games will sort the wheat from the chaff....

OL and RB will get chewed on pretty good in today’s practice
Wouldn’t be surprised to hear there was some extra running to cure some stupid penalties....hmmm,..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
3 years 6 months ago #81210 by scooby
Ok...jt Daniels had a knee operation a year ago. Was not ready to play a week ago. And now all clear.

I dunno...but just weird timing.

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds