Forum

Fromm entering the draft

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80811 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Fromm entering the draft
Thought about what was being said Shannon, decided to post some of what you said to this board.

Disagree. The kid has a chance to be set financially. He took the chance. That's all. You are reading too much into it. If a UGA student in software development is offered a job by Apple after their junior year and paid a salary of $400,000/year, no one would have a problem with them leaving school. Fans have a problem with it because we want the athlete to stay in school in order to feed our hunger for winning. It's selfish. Fromm is a DGD and is one of he best representatives we ever had. I hope he has every dream come true in the NFL. Good luck to you kid!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80812 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Fromm entering the draft
I am happy for the kids leaving and don't begrudge them a single thing.

That doesn't however have to mean I think it's great for the entity of college football, and I make no apology for that opinion.

and yeah... I also won't shy away from talking about the impact on the program. Doesn't mean I begrudge Fromm for any of it, but the impact is what it is.

I also think sometimes it's not just being selfish if we want to talk about whether or not a kid
would have been better suited to go ahead and stay because chances are his draft stock would go up.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
4 years 3 months ago #80813 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Fromm entering the draft
Two things can be true at once. I'm happy for the players pursuing their dreams as early as they can. I'm not happy for what it does to the 2020 'dawgs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80814 by Buc
Little doubt that the many changes that have occurred in the past few years having changed the way the FAN base thinks about college football. Most I would venture to say would like the game that is being played today to revert back in time. That will not happen, and it comes down to the amount(s) of money that can be made not only by the players, most of that money reaches much higher levels. Once the media enters into players or coaches lives, one can bet that "all bets" are "off the table". This is and has always been the way business operates in our country. Yes, again, college football is a business.

Had problems offensively in 2019, with Jake Fromm leaving, not a single player on our present team that has a "full game of experience" under their belt. Big concern. Another problem offensively, #7 leaving. D'Andre was more than a running back, D'Andre was a leader. Maybe my biggest concern about the 2020 season is "leadership". Speaking in terms of player leadership. Many pieces missing from 2019 team, not easily overcome. Keep hearing the term "lightening in a bottle". That occurred with Georgia when Herschel Walker put the uniform on. Seems that happened with LSU this season with Burrows at quarterback.

Smart and Company have some coaching to do in 2020.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
4 years 3 months ago #80815 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Fromm entering the draft
For me the one and done players have made college basketball far less interesting and I used to be an avid fan. I'm not sure when the last time a school had a really good class stay together for 4, or even 3, years. Maybe Duke during the Christian Laettner/Grant Hill era?

Nothing lasts forever sadly. Seems like it's only a matter of time before the the current 3 year after HS rule in football is challenged. A lot fewer football players could make the jump from HS to the NFL than basketball players to the NBA, so college football at least has that in their corner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80816 by Buc
Keeping my eyes on Cade Mays and his return to the State of Tennessee. Family has hired a big time attorney that has close relations with the NCAA. Going to be interesting to see whetheer or not Cade has to sit for a year. If not, and I could care less, more concerned what and how that changes player movement in the college ranks. Coming down to the point that "coaches" seem to be able to move without restrictions, why not players will be the next step. I still have problems with the NCAA as a whole. Actually have a problem with the NCAA period. No way in today's college game can the NCAA control the many "goings on" in the game.

Love basketball dawgs_fans_dad, played the game in high school. My opinion . . . . another case of the "media" changing the game far and away from the way I and others played and enjoyed the hardwood. You coming from Indiana (think that is right), would almost be a sin for you not to like basketball at all levels. Spent some time in Indianapolis, basketball hoop on every garage in the area zip code. Basketball in Indiana not different than football in the South, "a way of life".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds