Forum

Fromm entering the draft

4 years 3 months ago #80801 by Getdown11
Fromm entering the draft was created by Getdown11
Looks like Fromm is going pro. Who is the next guy up? I'm hearing that we are looking at guys in the portal Newman from Wake and Costello from Stanford as well as Brice from Clemson.

Thoughts?

Go Dawgs!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Getdown11
  • Getdown11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80805 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fromm entering the draft
I think CKS...has hedged his bet as usual and has a target

Already in mind....brt conversation has already started

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
4 years 3 months ago #80807 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Fromm entering the draft
Fromm going pro is the biggest shock of the season to me. Foregoing his senior season after the junior season he had, sends a big message to me and it's not a good message. The mechanics of the process to make this decision pretty much revolve around the fact that Fromm saw things one of three ways, or a combination of all three:

1) He didn't view saying for his senior season as beneficial enough to dramatically raise his draft position. Fromm is a mid-to-late 2nd round pick. Would he have cracked the 1st round by having another Sophomore-style year? Maybe. But that maybe wasn't enough to justify another year and its entirely possible that he got real tired of hearing the negativity from a significant amount of the fan base.

2) He didn't see any real hope of the offensive scheme changing dramatically enough next year to entice him to stay on.

3) He felt he had accomplished all he needed to accomplish in his 3 seasons at UGA, and regardless of what might have been, given 1 & 2, it just wasn't enough to chase it a 4th time and risk a big injury. Fromm has been blessed with good health up to this point, and he leaves a whole player with no nagging ailments.

I'm sorry but I can't spin this to be anything other than it is - a negative. Losing Fromm is big. Even if we get a graduate transfer, he isn't going to jump right in, learn the playbook, and cruise into an SEC schedule having never played in the league. 2020 is going to be a rocky year at QB
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80808 by TadDawg
Replied by TadDawg on topic Fromm entering the draft
I think there may be a fourth possibility, SouthernDawg. Fromm may not be happy with the QB coaching. It’s arguable that he regressed this past season. One possible explanation for that is poor coaching at the QB position. If so, then why stay and continue to regress? Or at best, not improve.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever know the real reason. Fromm is too classy to throw his coaches or teammates under the bus.

Tad

More
4 years 3 months ago #80809 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Fromm entering the draft
I agree... really telling if I'm honest, and it magnifies losing Fields as well. Iy wouldn't
surprise me to see WR recruit say "oh Fromm is leaving.. maybe I need to rethink this..."

Plus all the early declarations for the NFL are piling up on other things to really take the luster off of college football.

I've never been more down on it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80810 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Fromm entering the draft
Shannon, good read on Facebook. So right.

www.facebook.com/DawgTalk.Fans/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds