Forum

Thoughts leading up to the Sugar Bowl

4 years 3 months ago #80739 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts leading up to the Sugar Bowl
dawgs_fans_dad having the same thoughts about Jake. Believe he thinks along the same line as Swift. Both know what they are about, in my book both are special. I will be surprised if Swift does anything more than stand on the sideline for the upcoming game. That also means a lot. Have watched Baylor some and they are for real. Their defense really swarms to the football. Think Smart will play a lot of young men preparing them for 2020.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80740 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts leading up to the Sugar Bowl
Buc... I hope you are right about Cooley and I actually agree that it doesn't fit to fire him after one season.

When I said what I have said about him, it's not a declaration he should be fired but what it is, is an honest assessment of his performance.

His performance (again, I don't deny Kirby may have had a role in this) was terrible. It just was. Few adjustments... ill suited for a pocket QB... it was butting our heads against a brick wall expecting a different result.

It was bad and it was bad beyond just the lagging WR talent.

We can have all the talent in the world at WR next season and if we come back with that same scheme and play calling we can expect another middling offense at best.

The ball is in Cooley and Kirby's court now. They can do the same thing and prove me wrong, or change and get better.

I'm done with "expectations" though, so I don't really have to worry about being disappointed.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 3 months ago #80741 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thoughts leading up to the Sugar Bowl
What follows are just my thoughts..... we’ll maybe more of a opinion.

I can remember the weekly roasting of Mike Bobo ...Bozo had

To Go Go....

Then there was Shotty....nuff said

Then Jim Chaney and the post a note playbook..

Now on to Coach Coley...... we gave ...pardon the chuckle..

CKS four years.... CKS made us winners in his second year..

Yes we have had our fubars ..... however, we can’t claim the only D5 program that has had a messy game.....

Difference between last year and this..... receivers who could get open and catch the bowl... better special teams

Score a ton of points.... with a defense who always gave up 10 more

Than we scored.... and collapsed in the fourth quarter..

This season ....strong defense ....one reliable WR......on offense..

Coach Coley ..... I willing to defer this conversation for 12 months..

Lack of progress with our receivers.....some players progress slower

Than others..... look at Richard LeCounte ‘s. 2018 numbers compared to 2019.... Richard knew what he had to do to get better.

I am hopeful that our receivers can follow. A similar course..

The process continues....

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Years

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 3 months ago #80742 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts leading up to the Sugar Bowl
Wartdawg, have said it before will do so again. I have nothing but great respect for you and your opinions. What separates many on a lot of sites is the unwillingness to "step out" with their true opinion. You sir can not be accused of that. i appreciate you saying things that "maybe" I have secretly thought. This deal with our coaches, mention coaches because there are a lot of coaches that are involved in what happens in Athens and it sometimes does not sit well with many.

One of my major concerns is the media tossing things out that they have no business doing, other than meeting their "work place" obligations. I post here because I know that those posting here regularly are football seasoned.

If Coley comes out in 2020 and "his offense" does not progress leaps and bounds, will not hesitate to join with those that think a change should be made. Personally feel that Jake Fromm returning is an absolute must for those of us that want more. Never again do I want to see a team like the Gamecocks that had less talent that we have beat us . . . . in our stadium. dawgs_fans_dad made a very good statement concerning other teams in the East. He is spot on about what Pruitt is doing in Knoxville. Truthfully, the gators don't bother me too much at this point. mullen and grantham in my opinion are over rated.

yankeedawg1, you are a "history machine" and it is appreciated. You have done much to move this site along.I will always appreciate your thoughtfulness when it comes to those that have and still do wear our military uniforms.

Happy New Year . . . . Coach'em up!! :)

Know that I bounce around, just another habit that I have had for close to 80 years. Wow!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80743 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thoughts leading up to the Sugar Bowl
Buc... you don’t bounce around.... that’s multitasking...

80 is the new 60 ..

right there with you bro... we are just gently broken in... Lol..

The best to you and family....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 3 months ago #80744 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Thoughts leading up to the Sugar Bowl
Something or several somethings were clearly not right this year. The Dawgs scored 405 points in 13 games in 2019 after scoring 530 and 531 in 2018 and 2017.

Fromm never looked right to me. He was throwing high or low when coming into this year his scouting high point was accuracy. Not sure if he had some undisclosed injury or he just regressed.

Also I was underwhelmed with the run blocking. The Great Wall of Georgia simply should have been able to push people out of the way. They seemed to do a decent job of pass blocking statistically. Maybe they were not as good as advertised?

The lack of production from the WR spot was surprising given that most every skill position player we get is a national class athlete. Pickens is a hell of a player and if he can focus better he will be a star. Cager was gamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds