Forum

CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80704 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)
Well done, SD... Sadly, I think you're right on target.

Disney, et al, is the new Evil Empire. I shutter to think what agenda they may attempt to force on CFB and its fans.

I too believe that paying players 'salaries' will kill the Golem Goose. No more Golden Eggs, just turds, like the rest of the geese.

It seems that traditions in all facets of American life are under attack.... Someone is always wanting to put humus on the hotdog....

Until CFB goes to Hell in a handbasket, I'll still be front and center, hanging on every play, hollering..HBTFD !

GO DAWGS !
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80705 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)
Simpledawg...

Hummus on the hot dog. Love it. Absolutely love it. That one just was added to my lexicon. Solid gold.

Buc,

Eight team playoff? Ehhh, I don't see it ever going to 8 teams. I think we get 6 teams within the decade, but I just don't see them opening it up to 8 and expanding the playoff schedule by 2 more weeks.

That would be a hell of a sell. Disney has the money to sell it, but with the NCAA as dug in as it is right now over not expanding to 6 teams, I think 8 teams is a long long long bridge to cross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80706 by Buc
My guess is the NCAA has used up most of its lives. Close to number 9 at this point. Mentioned the effects that Disney has on anything that it touches, NCAA will go the way of Celebration in the article below, just my opinion. The Mouse will set the game rules and leave little room for anyone or body of substance to deny the Mice Brigade. Article below is long, posting only as a followup to your excellent post.

www.thedailybeast.com/celebration-florid...source=pocket-newtab

More
4 years 3 months ago #80707 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)
SD, your post starting this thread is spot on. I am hopeful things won't go 'full Disney'.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

4 years 3 months ago #80708 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)
Thanks Steve. I hope not too, but gauging how Disney operates, there's no stone they leave unturned in their social engineering ventures.

As an interesting twist to this thread, I just got notice that the "obnoxious Gaytor fan dad" from my childhood in this thread died on 12/23. I hadn't thought about him in years before I posted this thread, and out of the blue, my father sent me a text of his obit this evening. Strange how life works isn't it?

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80716 by scooby
Mike Gundy....

That guy is making one hundred times what he could make without foozball. And he’s a bad azz! Nice mullet that I’m sure kicks butt on recruiting trail, but would not help in the biz world.

Edit...maybe 100x was an exaggeration. I’d say 30x would be more accurate. Man with that mullet and passion could make 150k in the real world.

Edit2...I’m a man I’m forty!!! That’s a pretty funny clip if you haven’t enjoyed. Make that 20x...in the real world.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds