Forum

CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80725 by Wartdawg
Herien isn't playing because he chose to stay home and train for the NFL draft and not risk getting hurt. It's pretty common knowledge.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80726 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)
2 cents worth...

1. Getting a degree was always seen as a plus for college athletes. Many of them never go on to professional sports and their 4 years of playing ball also resulted in a degree. Something to be proud of, to carry them on through life making decent income. It should remain that way so the athletes who gave their all on the field are not left with nothing after college. It works.

2. Disney is a profit corporation. Unlike colleges which for the most part are non profit. They are not remaking the world in their image so much as they are following the money. Money should not be in college football on the field. These guys are college students playing on the college team. Leave it that way.

3. It bugs me that some players do not play their senior year. Not fair to fans or the school. Sign them to a contract so that they play 4 years. Money penalty if they leave. If the NFL wants them bad enough they can pay the million dollar fine to cover all the training they got for 3 years.

4.3. Go with the money and I will be outta here. Got to find someone with the kahunas to stand up to ESPN and big money. Find a compromise.

I have loved college football all my life. The good old get in the trenches and play for the school. If it is not obvious... I do not like polished pro ball.

Go Dawgs !

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

4 years 3 months ago #80727 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)
Sooner or later a player is going to sit out playing in a

CFP. game ......not willing to risk a. Pro career.....

Natty ring. Vs .... huge signing bonus ??

Skipping a senior season....or. .... skipping games....

Not going to change....

Quality depth.....next man up....player or coach....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
4 years 3 months ago #80728 by stevedawg
That was just my 2 cents worth.
I don't expect them to go along with it since it is a feeder system for the $NFL.

I forgot to put I want all UGA games to start at 2pm.
lol.

Happy New year everyone.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80729 by stevedawg
This is the QB that got me into college football. He went 4 years and graduated.

"In 1960, his senior season, Tarkenton was the captain of the Georgia squad, led the conference in total offense and in passing, and was named an All-American. He was also selected as an Academic All-American, reflecting a strong performance in the classroom to match his athletic achievements."

He also spoke in Commerce (20 miles from Athens) to a group of young men gathered from local churches. At a downtown restaurant. A motivational speech. I was 10. 1960.

Things were different

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

4 years 3 months ago #80730 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic CBS Leaving the SEC (Or Disney Forces them Out)
This thread is as good as it gets. Except for Scooby swooping in for his year-end troll. As predictable as 'bama complaining about the refs when they lose.

I'm afraid YD1 has hit on the logical next step. One career-threatening injury during the CFP and it will start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds