Forum

GAME DAY: TEXAS A&M VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

4 years 4 months ago #80499 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: TEXAS A&M VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Wart..your observation about the lack of experience with our

Receivers is spot on.... and playing in games is the only way to

Gain the needed confidence ..... we can feel frustration but it is what it is.....

Sidebar.. our receivers practice against a pretty strong defense...

So imho..

It’s a tweak and not a major tear down that we are looking at...

And yes I would have hoped the process would have yielded more

Success This far into the season.... but there are no firm answers

why it hasn’t.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80500 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TEXAS A&M VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
growl, really like what you had to say. Sometimes it is easy for us to forget that some of these young pups are in their first or second year in Athens, many having to wait longer than they wish to find solid playing time. Natural for a lot of these players to "rev up" a bit too high. Kirby has said several times in his pressers this year that he just wants the players to "follow the drill" as practiced over and over prior to game day.

Wartdawg posted this and it is totally spot on . . . . my opinion.

The thought has merit but I tend to think the simplest explanation is usually the one you should go with first and that to me is that this team lost its top SIX wideouts after last season That's a lot of lost timing and SEC experience to lose.

Say again, looking forward to lining up against LSU in Atlanta. Hoping that we have recognized that slants in their passing game make up a majority of their completions. Their QB has a high completion rate on 10/15 yard passes over the middle.

averagedawg, good to see you posting again. Hope that folks in Tennessee learned their lesson. Referring to earlier years on this site when you appeared to have had a belly full of the "checkerboards". I believe that they found what they needed to turn their program around. Have been in Jeremy Pruitt's corner for a long time. Pruitt hurt some feelings in Athens, he however is responsible for many of the "positive changes" that were made when he spoke openly while in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80501 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic GAME DAY: TEXAS A&M VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Buc, vol fans went from wanting to fire Pruitt to worrying he’s gonna replace Saban.
Some things never change.

Our offensive problems aren’t Coley’s fault. We are who we are on offense.
I worry more about first downs than touchdowns.
If only the pups on offense were as far along as those on defense, I can only imagine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80502 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TEXAS A&M VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Hard to lose talent the likes of what we lost before the 2019 Season and expect too much from the incoming young men. Have always been one to believe that talent is a gift, a gift that has to be developed in the next phase of football on Saturdays. Cager being hurt has really had an effect on Jake, of that I have zero doubts. Anyone that has suited up to play football knows that first or second years don't always pan out. Many players on our team and every team in the SEC has very good high school players that never see the field, other than practice and dressing out on Saturday. Jake has been silent as far as press offerings go, young man not one to speak about his teammates in a negative way. Little doubt in my mind that Jake Fromm has all of the necessary tools to move forward, some in the NFL also think so. Seems to me that most teams with talent have a formula for the way they line up against on game day. Crowd the box and play man in the defensive backfield. Also of the opinion that our offensive line has had some problems this season, that of course does not play well against teams with similar talent. Texas A&M, Auburn, gators and Missouri all had good to very good defensive fronts. With that being said . . . . we are 10-1 thus far. Looking forward to LSU, another talented team that "I" believe we match up against well. Like the fact that this group of young men are going to Atlanta rather than being relegated to a insignificant bowl. We have been there and done that way too often. Old farts like myself want more and believe Smart and Company have changed a lot of thinking not only in the SEC, nationwide. There are many out there that don't fancy facing off with this group.

Just rambling, not breaking for paragraphs, getting ready to head to South Florida for several days and will definitely have some conversation(s) with football folks down there.I like to refer to South Florida as "Coley Country". Diaz and others would love to have our offensive coordinator. Smart wants Coley also.

Hoping all on this board and their families have a meaningful Thanksgiving. My son is attending President Trump's rally tonight in South Florida, our President's "home state" now. Even he has had enough of the goings on north of the Mason/Dixon Line.

Will be interesting to see the number of players that get time on the field against GT. Lots of talent that will be in line for more playing time in 2020.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl, SimpleDawg

More
4 years 4 months ago #80503 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: TEXAS A&M VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Safe travels....Buc.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 4 months ago #80504 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: TEXAS A&M VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
OSU leaps LSU for the top spot in the CFB playoff rankings.

This sets the table to avoid an LSU/Bama rematch in round 1 if Bama gets back in following a LSU win over UGA in the SEC championship game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds