4 years 5 months ago #80436 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN TIGERS
Kirby Post Game Presser

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80437 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN TIGERS
Ok...deep breaths..... TD pass to a TE.... amazing..

Buc.... smiled when our punter the other Jake. Kept..flipping the

Field....all night ... HC kept his faith ,,and now we have a boomer

For a punter... it’s great to be a Dawgs fan after whipping

Assburn....again.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
4 years 5 months ago #80438 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN TIGERS
Tremendous accomplishment getting there for the 3rd straight year, but for what we purport to be winning the east is not the goal. It's just one thing that occurs on our path to our real goal.

I know we all want to win the SEC and that's a nice piece of hardware for the glass case, but that shouldn't be the end goal either.

Those things are just hurdles for us to either clear, or stumble upon.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80439 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN TIGERS
Wart agree totally.... like March Madness... win and move on

Yup we get to move on to next game A & M who would love

To trip our hopes of making it to the CFP ...

New conversation starts with Uncle Gary next Saturday at home...

Keep chopping.... truth we ain’t done nothing yet but get

To play another meaningful game that ....being...the next step is

The next step...

Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80440 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS AUBURN TIGERS
Chatter is heating up about the chances of this being Gus' last hurrah against UGA in an Auburn visor. Gus is the 6th highest paid coach in college football right now. I mentioned in a previous thread that I thought Gus was coaching for his job, but given the fact that I don't follow the internals of Auburn football, I can say that I misspoke and things are more grim for that program than I thought.

It's interesting to see how college programs are now finally being brought back "bang down" into reality with these ridiculously huge coaching contracts and the sweetheart buyout clauses attached to them. You're going to start seeing these programs start having to live with their decisions. The whole reason FSU couldn't pull Bob Stoops in is because they don't have the money after paying Willie Taggart $20M for the privilege of no longer employing his services. The reason they won't make a marquee hire is because they don't have the money. Auburn finds itself in the same boat right now. So does Arkansas.

If Auburn decides to send the Gus bus to the junkyard, they owe him $28M. Twenty-eight million dollars, and that doesn't include the buyouts for all the assistants. The largest donation to their athletic department last year was $10M. Chew on that for a minute. They literally don't have the money to buy him out AND go after a new marquee hire. The earliest they could part ways with Gus and not take a beating is after the 2021 season. Auburn can't part ways with Gus unless Arkansas really wants him, will offer him bare minimum of $6M per season, and Auburn can convince Gus to walk so that they can avoid the buyout.

Let's say they fire Gus, and pay the buyout money. Who are they going to hire to replace him after dumping that kind of money? They certainly won't have $7M a season + buyout to toss at a new coach and his assistants, which is what it will take to pull down a huge name. And I don't know of any "huge" names out there right now other than Urban Liar, and in no way do I ever see him having any interest in going to Auburn.

In other words - I think there's a large possibility that we're going to be blessed with Gus for at minimum two more seasons.

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80441 by Buc
I have had enough of Gary Danielson. Had enough of what he seems to think is impartial/approved broadcasting. From where I sit he should have his butt on CNN. I hope that the article below finds its way around the internet so more folks will understand that he is nothing short of a failure as a human being. The f'ing laugh is on your nasty self gary danielson. Shame on you and shame on CBS.

www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/ny-ge...xonmco2ui-story.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds