Forum

GAME WEEK THREAD: #5 GEORGIA v. #13 AUBURN

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80381 by Buc
Notice that YankeeDawg1 mentioned the kicking game.

For a very long time I have watched great efforts in games that end up being a win/loss because of the kicking/punting game.

We have been blessed to have Rodrigo Blankenship wearing our colors. Point I am trying to make is too often a well played game ends in a way that takes the wind out of my sails. For years and years the kicking/punting game against Auburn has caused heartaches to both teams. I have been and will remain a believer in "field position". Little doubt in my mind that Saturdays game will be influenced by punters and kickers. Winning football seems to always come back to "Special Team Play".

Play book opens up with field position. As mentioned in this thread, maybe good field position against Auburn will allow us to wipe some of the rust off of our play book. I do not doubt for a minute that we have more in our offensive arsenal. Have watched Coach Coley call plays prior to arriving in Athens . . . . little doubt that he has a "collection" of plays that he believes will swing this game in our direction.

As good as the Auburn defensive front is, having watched some of their games, with Cager and Pickens on the field together, sure opens up some much discussed tight end play on this board. Auburn's strength is the defensive front. Defensive backfield can be and should be "had" by our offensive talent. Brown is going to face offensive linemen that will test his "many skills".

Win this game, going to Atlanta. Would love to play LSU "again".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80382 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME WEEK THREAD: #5 GEORGIA v. #13 AUBURN
Spot on Buc.....

OL and our pass pro....including our RB’s

Goggles

Punter that’s been improving with experience

Jake......VS,,,,,, freshman.....QB....

Play to our standard..... Gus Bus .... blowing blue smoke by third

Quarter....... Go Dawgs...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 5 months ago #80383 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME WEEK THREAD: #5 GEORGIA v. #13 AUBURN

Buc wrote: Would love to play LSU "again".

Ditto. This time without the blessing of 3rd and Grantham.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago #80384 by Buc
If . . . . if Georgia and Alabama win against Auburn, will not surprise me to see Gus end up as head coach at Arkansas. Don't think the head coaching position has been filled yet. Auburn loses both games to their "noted/hated rivals", Auburn fan base will be all over those in charge to look for a new head coach. Lot of money enters into the hiring/firing of the head coach on the Plains. Game Saturday will be as close as one can get to watching "Custer's last stand". Losing to Georgia will turn too many of the Auburn fan base off for Gus Malzahn to recover. Arkansas would love to have Gus "come home".

Over eight (8) minutes of Gus discussing this game in the video below. Believe we will see some formations from Auburn that they have not used this season. If so, shows just how desperate they are to win this game. Georgia might have some new wrinkles, we however will not step too far out of how we line up and play.

www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/videos/spor...-georgia/2559918001/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
4 years 5 months ago #80385 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME WEEK THREAD: #5 GEORGIA v. #13 AUBURN
Chad Morris will be enjoying a 10 million dollar buyout for his departure from Fayetteville..... Bret B... left with 11.9 Mil..

Gus has had challenges recruiting at Auburn.....selling

Fayetteville to recruits is a completely different ball of wax....

As you correctly stated Buc....nothing would surprise us....

Go Dawgs...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 5 months ago #80386 by growl
Replied by growl on topic GAME WEEK THREAD: #5 GEORGIA v. #13 AUBURN
The Dawgs have the better team, I would like to see the Dawgs come out and play like they believe it and take 'em to the woodshed.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds